Swivels/Snaps

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Jul 18, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Ok guys, I am not trying to defy odds, or do anything different... However, I dont like the conventional snaps on the swivels, I noticed a snap long ago, and seeked them out when I started fishing again and they are still being used. I was wondering if you guys could tell me if I am thinking too much into it or what.

They are called Coastlock Snaps, instead of having that flat snap that has the wire that clips behind the tab, these have a hook that hooks over the back of the wire of the snap, they do have a swivel attached... I think to me they look stronger than the little tab style, but I want more feedback and others opinions on it!

:big_smile:

Thanks Brothers

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    jim if you are going to use tho i would get sinker slides or just use bead sinker and hook let the sinker slide up and down on the line

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jim,
    Coastlocks and crosslocks are both strong and reliable. Either will do great to go between your main line and leader. Just tie up a regular swivel to your leader and attach it to the lock.
    As Jimmy said, if you are thinking of using them to attach you weight consider a sinker slide instead and attach the weight to it with this:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#7189k31/=2sl0jm

They work great, plenty strong enough to cast with but will break if the weight gets snagged...W

4. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I did purchase quite a few items today from BOC sponsor Team Catfish.

And 2 of the 8 items was some of the sinker slides, and the rubber bumpers to protect my knots. I will keep everybody informed on how they work if ya'll dont already know.