Switching to circle hooks

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by xbutton22x, May 5, 2009.

1. xbutton22x

xbutton22x New Member

State:
    IL
    I read in alot of threads here that you get alot more hook ups with circle hooks on jugs and trot lines. So I'm wanting to switch all my hooks over but finding out its going to be costly. Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding a good deal on these hooks?

2. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Check out wild wolf products, BOC member Shiloh Red runs the company, and he has great deals on hooks. Gama 8/0 circles 50 for around $22. You can also find them on Ebay for reasonable prices. However with Shiloh Red your assurred fast shipping and quality!:big_smile:

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i have lines that i will suspend near the surface of the water and use live bait on and i switched these to cicle hooks but i did not see a difference in fish caught but i have a lot more live or dead gills still on the line when i check it

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Man save your cash and buy eagle claw circles. You can buy 50 hooks for around $6 to $8 or spend a lot more and catch the same amount of fish.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Circle hooks are easier to get unsnagged on floating jugs that get to the bank usually . So I loose fewer hooks . I don't know about trotlining