Swing Hitch

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Johny, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Johny

Johny New Member

State:
    nc
    Just wondering if anyone has put a swing hitch on there boat trailer or if you have one the pros and cons easy install? Just trying to get information on it thanks in advance!

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    When i bought my boat I got it with a swing trailer. Mine is a Starcraft boat and trailer. I have no complaints. With that swing trailer it fits in the garage really nice. With that on the trailer it cuts off about 4', thats why mine fits in the garage.

3. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Best money I have spent lately. I gained over 20 inches of garage space. It is made by Fulton and I ordered it from Orton's.com, did it myself, fairly easy.

4. snal

snal New Member

State:
    nc
    Mine is factory, but is bolted on. My boat wouldn't fit in the garage without it.
    An added bonus is that you can remove the hinge pin if you have to leave your trailer unhooked somewhere, this "should" help reduce the possibility of theft.

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I got mine from West Marine and it was easy to install. As others have said Its great, I can get the boat in the garage and dont have to worry about taking everything off the boat. When I want to go i hook up uplug the charger and go, no having to load up the boat.