Swine Flu-H1N1

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Sunbird, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I had thought of making this post last week after being briefed at work about the severity of the H1N1 or Swine Flu Virus. Well now the facts are staring us all right in the face. One of our own has tested positive for H1N1 and will not be able to attend the upcoming SC Gathering at Rocks Pond next weekend.:sad2::sad2::sad2:
    The CDC has said this week that it is highly possible that 50% of all Americans will contract the viral infection H1N1. I am NOT a Dr. and don't profess to be one, but as a health care employee I do know more than the average person. Please take this virus seriously! If you feel bad and have a fever, that you can't control with over the counter medication such as Tylenol or Motrin, for more than three(3) days, GO TO YOUR Dr.!! This virus is highly contageous. Stay away from people, wash your hands often and be vigilant of those around you with symptoms that are flu related. Beating the Flu season this year is going to require more effort on everyones part because of the severity of this stain and the fact it is so contageous. Just a few thoughts I wanted to share.:wink:
    Pop Pop, your absence next weekend will be felt by everyone!:sad2: You have done an excellent job putting this Gathering together and I thank you for all you have done. Please let me know where I can step up and help to make this a truly memorable event. Rest and drink lots of fluids. I am gonna need you in top shape for Team BIG STUFF Tackle's trip to Alabama next month to fish the Cabela's King Kat Classic! Love ya Bro!!!:wink:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Pop pop probably got the "swine" from all them hogs he has been catchin.LOL!
    Get better dude and your prescence will be missed by those at the gathering.:angry:

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know one thing I feel extremely bad right now, having to Force myself to do anything. :sad2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Pop Pop is on the prayer list!

Bill in SC

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Get well soon PopPop,Thanks for the post Sunbird,that is some bad stuff for sure,everyone needs to do there part in containing it.

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    great weel soon pop pop prayers are with you :sad2::sad2:

7. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    well good luck man and get well! from what i heard this flu is almost no different from the common flu so will it last 2weeks or less and you will be over it? anybody got info on it

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
  9. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    sorry to hear you are sick pop pop,we will keep you in our prayers.my brother just got over it also.hang in there bro!

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pop Pop you in our thoughts and Prayers. I pray that you can whip this virus.

11. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Man thats Big Stuff !!!! Whats a party without Pop Pop ...:0a30:May you get well soon !!!! Tons of prayers for you !!!!!

12. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    hinni or whinni come on down i got what it takes to cure all ells mole sols an sore partners we can an will fix it al give me a call big buddy

13. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    He should be ok 48 hours after fever drops and a couple days of rest !!!!!So by Thursday Its time for the Big Stuff !!!

14. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    thanks for that info. thats a topic that all us people need to know. we can all be safe over the net but who knows u may go to a restaurant and theirs 30 people in there who knows what who may have.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <thanks for that info. thats a topic that all us people need to know. we can all be safe over the net but who knows u may go to a restaurant and theirs 30 people in there who knows what who may have.>

That's a fact I was discussin' today.

BB in SC

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You are a TRIP, Round Man!!

BB in SC

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man, i hate to hear pop pop is sick. Thats sad. And to tell the truth i don't even know if i want to eat in another restaurant again after i heard how those folks were spiting and p'ing and who knows what, on all that food they were serving. I guess even in them Jap restaurants you don't know what they have already done before they bring that stuff out and cook it in front of you. Donimoes will never, ever make a comeback after them sick-o's did what they did...............sorry, wrong subject.

We will keep you in our prayers pop pop

18. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Pop Pop you in our thoughts and Prayers.

19. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the info. I will be sure to watch out for the symptoms

20. Shebraids

Shebraids New Member

State:
    ga
    Pop Pop... so sorry to hear you've got the flu. Hope you get better soon!
    As others have said.. plenty of fluids, rest etc.

Take care!!

Denise