Swift water rescue course

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by mcseal2, Jun 20, 2009.

1. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    My brother in law is an EMT and fireman. He has a guy from his department who just went to the east coast for an instructors course on swift water rescue. They plan to teach a course for their department sometime this summer and he thought they may have some openings for outside people. He said it will be a 3-4 day course. The guy who took the instructors class said you do not have to be in great physical shape for the course, just be a decent swimmer. After completing the class you recieve a certification that can be renewed every 5 years. I figured this would not be a bad thing to have since I spend a lot of time on the river and have a good boat for navigating it. There have been several accidents in the last few years in my area, and I plan to volunteer my help to the authorities if there are more in the future. If anyone else is interested, PM me or reply and I will let you know the status of the class as I learn it. I will also add anything I learn to this post.

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    what area of KS will it be ??

3. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    probably Topeka or one of the lakes around it. He works north of Topeka on the reservation.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Thanks heath, pm sent.