sweet and hot salsa mango

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 24, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this is a very creamy sweet salsa with a bite for you that like it hot.

5-6 mangos
    1 med-large onion
    1 habenaro -substitute jalapeno if desired.
    cilantro
    salt
    lime juice

peel and core mangos. 1/4 them. peel and 1/4 onion. place mangos in a food processor. make sure there soft and ripe or they wont purree. blend to a smooth paste like applesauce. remove to a sauce pan. place onion in next with a spoon full of water. blend to a white paste. mix with mangos. place the habenaro in the processor after you rinse. chop it to a very fine texture. add to pan.

turn on stove top to med heat. add 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp cilantro chopped or dried is best. add 1 table spoon lime juice. dont boil harshly. just keep it bubbling for 6-7 min stirring often. put in jars or can as usual. makes a good treat for parties and hoildays. my friends love it. starts sweet ends hot.

makes a beautiful jar too. bright yellow with orange and green specks. of course it will just have green specks if jalapenos are used and less heat.:wink:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive made salsa like that before, got the recipe from food network. Thats good stuff especially with fish. Thanks for sharing. OOps almost forgot, try it with fresh Pineapple, thats the bomb.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ya know, I've made a similar salsa with pineapple as Mike suggested. I like it with fish.....

Never tried a fresh mango, only the kind in dried fruit and nut mixes. What do they taste like?

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    :wink:
    well they have a sweetness of say a peach and when ripe the juice of a pinapple. there good simmered with grenidine syrup and topped on pork loins and chops.

when not ripe there a little spongy and not much juice at all. if you ever tried to eat a hard green avocodo you know what i mean. even both are hard to cut. they have a seed in pit like a pear and peach. sweet. try one sometime. pretty good. i just started eating them a few years ago.

i take kiwi and mangos and dice up into small chunks. mix with red grenidine syrup and simmer and use as a pork topper for boneless pork chops. its the bomb. wife loves it.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thank Jerm, sounds good. I'll give it a try. Mango is probably my favorite fruit. Nothing beats the flavor and sweetness of a ripe one in my book.