SW VA Flanagan Lake

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kathunter_64, Jul 19, 2008.

1. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    anybody do much fishin on skeetrock, craines nest or the main lake around here? id like to find somebody to fish with in the area. i havnt lived here long and im tryin to figure out how to catch the big flatheads here (if their even are any) ive heard stories, never really saw any proof. anybody had any firsthand experiance with flatheads here?

i live in clintwood BTW..

2. semper fi

semper fi New Member

State:
    virginia
    I fish flannagan hard for flatheads but this year havent had much luck after I got out of the marines in 06 I spent almost a whole summer over there (almost every night) and kinda found a little patern of sorts for the lake (its a general sort of location and flathead structure area) anyway try to find a cove that is between 10 and 20 feet deep with some heavy cover in it and a feeder stream at the head of it (theres only two coves like this on the entire like trust me I have been everywhere on that lake trying to find these things... one is about a mile above the marina going towards cransnest the other is over near skeetrock within sight of the bridge.. this is a deep cold lake for the most part so I mostly fish the shallower coves and what wooded structure I can find on the cransnest side of it which is where I usually do the best... if you dont have a boat hit up cransnest campground and fish the dock or walk around the point to the old road use live shad or big creek chubs

3. Sexton

Sexton New Member

State:
    Virginia
    NA....if i can be tried by mortal men.....ol' semper fi and I have tried it...trust me....not enough space on the web to describe it all... But it looks like the 3 of us and the only ones around here dumb enough to hammerin away at ol flan....before too long she will give up her bounty from the deep and we will all rejoice and have a good chuckle.:smile2:

4. Sexton

Sexton New Member

State:
    Virginia
    check out the new signature:big_smile: