Suzuki Parts - Browns Point Marine **AVOID**

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Mr.T, May 7, 2008.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Posting this for anyone who might be looking for Suzuki parts online - be careful where you shop...

I needed to buy some oil filters for my new Suzuki 225 and there's not a dealer close by to get them from, so I looked online and found a company called Browns Point Marine that seems to carry anything you might need for a Suzuki outboard.

I placed an order for 4 filters and filter wrench and was quoted $12.50 for shipping via USPS Priority Mail. Sounds reasonable - the total weight of the package ought to be about 5 lbs or so, and that price is almost the same as what the USPS online shipping calculator came up with.

Well, 2 days later the order was actually shipped and I find out they've charged me $21.95 instead of the $12.50 I was quoted.

Tried to call them to inquire, one time some surly old lady answers and says that "they" are too busy right now and someone will call me back. Called back 2 hours later and let it ring for about 2 minutes, no answer.

Needless to say, I'll never do business there again. And I'd urge anyone else considering them to look somewhere else instead.

2. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hows that new boat working out? I'd love to see some pics of how you have it rigged out. I would also like to hear how the performance is on the bad boy. Thanks

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Yeah, one of these days I'll get some photos. Between the bad weather and working 50+ hours and fishing every chance I get, I haven't had the time or motivation to worry about pictures.

The boat's working out pretty well. That big motor likes to guzzle the unleaded though - glad I've got the digital gauges so I can keep an eye on fuel flow; it's amazing what a couple hundred RPMs will do to the gas consumption rate.

4. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Since it was paid by credit card, how about calling the credit card company and dispute the charges.

5. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know if Suzuki is like Yamaha, but I found carquest does carry marine oil filters. One for my Yamaha runs about $6.00 instead of getting Yamaha's brand which is double that. Something to look in to.

6. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    where are you getting your part's at now...??????? there's a dealer around 75 mile's east of me at Brazil Ind.I can call them and they'll send it out that day....

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Cool thanks for the info. Carquest is closer to me then where I have been getting them.

8. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Man I have used browns point marine quite a few times and have never had a problem of any kind, only place i would order anything for my 2 old Suzuki's , like ya say its hard to find parts for Suzuki's and thats why my new boat is getting a Yamaha , here in SoCal was going to have to drive over 60 miles 1 way to get parts and of course when i called to see if they had parts i needed it was going to take 2 weeks to get them called browns and had parts in hand in 4 days, people at order desk were very helpful and very well informed on there parts, they even sent some replacement parts that i miss ordered on line for no charge and didn't even want the miss ordered parts back worth about $20:cool2:

Like most any parts house the phones will go unanswered or may take some time to be answered if the are people standing in front of them and got 10 calls on hold, i have never had that happen but i call early in the AM before they get backed up

Like I said browns is the ONLY place I will EVER buy parts for my motors:wink: and i would highly recommend them to anyone , gots to be a typo try sending them an email