Suzuki 4 stroke

Discussion in 'Boating' started by MSgtCatfish, Jun 15, 2008.

1. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anyone own a suzuki 4 stroke? I am getting ready to buy and the dealers are telling me how greatly improved the suzuki is in fuel consumption. My buddy has a suzuki 2 stroke that is the worst on fuel consumption. For a grand more I can opt up to a Yamaha but, if the suzuki's have made leaps and bounds in their outboards I may just go with them and save a grand.

I can find where they compare all 2 strokes and suzuki is the worst but that test is 4 years old and it's on 2 strokes not 4 strokes.

Any feedback?

Thanks.

2. bluewatercat

bluewatercat New Member

State:
    Killen Alabama
    I brought a new 4 stroke about this time last yr. 90 hp very pleased with it. got a 6 yr war. with it. it is very quite. .if you are not carefull you will pull out of the water with it still running.

3. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dont own one personally, but everybody I know that has a suzuki four stroke says they are the way to go...

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go for the Suzuki you wont regret it. I have a Yamaha and have not had any trouble with it, but my buddy has a Suzuki and it is smother and quieter.

5. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I appreciate the replies - so I take it the Suzuki's have gotten better on eating fuel. Glad to know and glad I asked. Thanks again - may have saved me a grand fellas.

Anyone out there with any negative feedback?

6. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a Yamaha 150 4-stroke and LOVE it! I know several people with the Suzuki 4-strokes and they like them also! My Yamaha is nice and quite!:big_smile:

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a Suzuki 150 hp 4 stroke ,absoulty love it ,Runs strong ,Very quiet ,Very good on fuel,Great Motor !!! :0a26::0a22:

8. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    It sounds like everyone who posted is happy with their outboard, no matter what the manufacturer and if they know someone who has a Suzuki, they are happy with it as well.

Thanks for all the feedback on the Suzuki. I think I'll just press on with Suzuki.