Suzuki 150 4 stroke

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by seaark, May 5, 2006.

1. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am looking to re-power my boat and was wondering if anyone knows anything or had any experience with the new Suzuki 150 4 stroke. I like the idea of all the cubic inches the motor has, and the weight is about the same as the other 150 motors. Right now I have a Honda 90 4 stroke and love it, but I want the bigger motor. I may just buy the Honda 150, but the Suzuki price is a little better. After having a 4 stroke, I don't think I'll ever have another 2 stroke. I can go 98 miles on 13 gallons of gas!

2. Rivercat2

Rivercat2 New Member

State:
    Morton,Illinois
    alot of the guys on the tournament trail have suzuki motors and I have not heard a bad thing about them.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    They tell me that Suzuki 4-strokes are currently the absolute best on the market. I can certainly tell you that I've never heard anything bad about them at all, for what that's worth. Plus the warranty is the best in the industry.

My fishing guide the other day had a 225hp Suzuki 4-stroke on his 22 ft Crestliner and it was probably the quietest engine I've ever (not) heard. Even wide open, you could still carry on a conversation without shouting.

4. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    One of my friends has one and he loves it. It is a little louder than a Honda but that is about the only difference.

Just as long as it is a 4 stroke. I saw a commercial about Evenrude EFI 2 strokes saying 4 strokes have to be maintained a lot. That is bull. I guess they are talking about checking the oil. I have already save the upcharge for my four stroke on fuel.