sutton

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kaleb5000, Aug 8, 2008.

1. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i went to sutton a couple nights ago. it wasnt a very good night i was able to catch bream fairly easily but as soon as i started catfishing i went to anchor and lost it in the water so then i had to find some where to tie off or get myself stuck and i did right off the peninsula dividing lake 1 and 2 i put 2 poles in the water i would like to fish more but from a kayak anymore then 2 is to much. but as soon as they were in the water i had one slam my bait (i was using live blue gill about 3 inchers) and run with it i set the hook fought him in almost to the kayak and he got me hung up and broke me off. my next hit came only seconds after i lost the first fish he took it and ran with it i set the hook fought him and he got hung up but for some reason he decided to come out and play i got him to the boat small flathead close to ten pounds. i had a few more runs no more hook ups broke one pole and screwed up one real which i was able to return. things were not goin my way that night but at least i caught something the other guy i went with had no luck but we are gonna hit it up saturday maybe that will all change

Attached Files:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice rig- i have thought about the kayaking thing. My neighbor says he is going to buy one. I guess at some point I will too. Good luck with the cats.
    Fishing rivers most of the time i have lost many anchors. when I lose one(before i started carried a spare), I would look for a camping spot. You can always find a cement block or in your case a half of a block or a brick with holes in it.
    Thanks for the post,
    Big

3. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks. i have always fished from a canoe but man i tell you fishing from a kayak is awesome. i have fished from many differetn types of baots and kayaks are my favorite. i have been fishing alot of salt lately it felt good to get back in some freshwater