Sutton Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by geraldh, Oct 6, 2006.

1. geraldh

geraldh New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is anybody fishing Sutton Lake in Wilmington? If so, how is the fishing? Thanks for any info.

2. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    Never fished Sutton lake, but not far from there (about 25 mi.) Is there any good catfishing there? How far are you from it?

3. geraldh

geraldh New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm about 2 hrs from it. I have never fished it but I want to sometime. I have heard that there are some nice catfish in there. There have been a couple of articles in North Carolina Sportsman magazine about Sutton.

4. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    I read those articles. Maybe we should try it sometime.

5. geraldh

geraldh New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds good to me.

6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I had been fishing there pretty regularly, but not as of recent. Good fishing to be had, just have to take it careful through the lake and locate were the fish are sitting.

7. geraldh

geraldh New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info. I've heard that there are a lot of stumps. Is that true. Thanks

8. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That, floating logs, and shallow areas, which oddly enough aren't near the edges for the most part, but in the center of the lake. If you follow the dikes around closely, you usually are in decent water, as that is where they dug to remove the dirt to build the dikes.