Sutton lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by john barber, Jul 25, 2006.

1. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    im wanting to try sutton lake shortly maybe in the next few weeks never been there any bodie have any good tips for this lake what is the most common catfish caught in this lake and when :confused2:

2. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fish mostly for flatties on Sutton, but the biggest channels I've ever caught in my life have come off this lake too. I've also heard on serious report of a blue being caught. I say serious, because most "normal" anglers don't even know that there are different types of catfish, but the report I got was from a guy who knows his stuff. It's really hit and miss though, and you could fish the lake everyday for a month and not catch a single cat, or come out and catch a half dozen or more in a couple of hours. Being a shallow lake, weather and moon cycles seem to play a HUGE role in finding actively feeding fish. Also, a lot of the fishing can be tough when they are pumping during the summer months and water temps on the most part are over 90 degrees throughout the lake system.

3. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the reply its good info im ready to go get one of those big flats