Sutton Lake Fishing Pier Trip

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CatKing13, Jul 25, 2008.

1. CatKing13

CatKing13 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    So my roommate (mhbomber) had to split town this weekend to dog sit for his parents, leaving me boatless and badly wanting to fish :sad2:. So ive decided to make a trip to the fishing pier out at sutton lake with a couple buddies tomorrow afternoon and evening. Im hoping we might run into some of those monster flatties they have out there if i can somehow catch some bait....any tips? Also any tips for running into fish out there period would be awesome!

2. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I have found that when I am forced to fish one spot ( like a pier or on shore) it is important to get scent in the water to draw the fish to me... Stink baits, bloddy baits and even chumming with catfood anything to get stink in the water around me.. Use treble hooks with liver, stinkbaits, to help them hang on. Shrimp left in a bag in the sun get a good stink going but be sure to have fresh shrimp on hand also or all you may catch are little bullheads...

3. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Hay Catking13... I fish Sutton lake all the time for Flatheads and Channels.. I have fished there for years..

4. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Good to hear from you Erik. Had any luck out there over the years?

5. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Thanks Matt, I have had alot of good luck there.. Alot of really big flatheads and channels.. I do alot of bass fishin there too.. I know the lake like the back of my hand.. There are some monstor cats in there..

6. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Well welcome to the BOC. Maybe I'll see you out on the lake sometime.

7. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Thanks !! You probably will sooner or later.. I go there a purdy good bit.. I fish alot of other places too though..

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Erik, welcome to the boc, this site is full of good info and great people.

9. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Hay Shane.. Thanks for the welcome !! It sure looks like it .. This place is purdy cool !!