Sutton Lake 11/11

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FATFLATTIE, Nov 12, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well Mac, looks like I'm not going to have to quit catfishing:smile2:
    Britton and I went out for one of our last flathead trips of the year:sad2: It went pretty well. First spot produced my 3rd largest cat of the year a 30lb flathead. Britton also had a nice fish on before it even got dark but it broke him off. He also had a nice one break him off at our second spot. We had never fished there before but it worked out nicely. Britton lost that one and then caught a 15lber and I got one little dude that was probably 6-8lbs (wasn't worth weighing:wink:). Fished two more spots in the ditch, but it was just loaded with gar, Britton ended up getting one of those guys and he also caught a pretty nice bass on a big live bream.

The lake was low, probably over 1.5ft but they were pumping water hard from the river. Water in the ditch was 79, first lake was 67 and the back lakes were in the low 60's. Of course the camera was dead:confused2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

3. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i hear you wes, that is the way Sutton should be all the time. Have you noticed if the shad have moved onto the first lake thick yet or not? last time i was out there the water was clear as it gets and i was popping bream and small bass out of the shallows all day long. Wasn't able to fish at night though. been meaning to hit it, maybe next week! Congrats on a good night.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I've never really seen much shad activity out there. Everybody else seems to have seen them before, I dunno how I've missed them for this long. There is some bait in the water though, just really, really little bait.

5. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina

Glad to hear you did well on the year end flathead finale Wes. That way you dont have to quit fishing and maybe I can talk you into showing me around Sutton next season. :wink:

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Any time you wanna come down and give it a try you let me know:wink: Can't promise ya nothing but we'll do our best to get a big ole flattie!