Sutherland Reservoir 3-1

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by uglymike, Mar 2, 2008.

1. uglymike

uglymike New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Went yesterday morning to Sutherland Res. and fished for about 3 hours. THE LAKE IS TOTALLY ICE FREE!!! Lots of boats fishing pre-spawn walleyes. Caught a TON of little channels, got tired of that, and went to the inlet and cast a jig/doll fly combo for an hour or so. Caught a couple crappie and wipers. Was nice to get out after a long winter and feel something pull on my string even though they were small ones.

2. strohcephus

strohcephus New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey wait a minute, what are you doing catchin all my fish.....just kidding! Glad you had a great day fishing here, I have been getting on to some biggers cats out there, send me a pm and we could chat.

I live right here in Sutherland, where you from??

Larry

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I live just outside of Omaha, and Im curious how far of a drive is it to Sutherland Res.? Im just sure Ive got a touch of the cabin fever and I really need to get out and catch some fish!

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    just a bit more then 280 miles.. its about 20 miles west of north platte.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    great job Mike! can't wait to try it myself. how's the canal looking in your area?

tight lines!!!!!!:0a18:
    Mark..

6. uglymike

uglymike New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The canal is open, however the boat ramps at G. Canyon, Plum Creek, Midway are still ice when I scouted them about 5 days ago. Just got the new stainless prop for my boat yesterday...Plan on having it up and running this weekend. GAME ON!!!!:smile2: