Susquhanna River @ goldsboro

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by jack frost, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jack frost

jack frost New Member

State:
    pa
    Hey I just joined up and wanted to say HI. As well I was wondering if anyone could help me out a little. My friends and I always do a spring camping trip in May and this year we are all bringing our kids. We would like to take them cat fishing a night or two and want to kinda keep them in fish. We will be fishing out of a boat and as we aren't very good cat fisherman I was wondering if anyone could point me to a few good spots to try at goldsboro.
    Thanks
    jack frost

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Welcome to the BOC Ron...I'm not familiar with the area, but someone here should be able to help you.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Ron - I can't help you with Susky spots but welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: :0a23:

4. jack frost

jack frost New Member

State:
    pa
    seems like a friendly group of guys thank for the welcoms

5. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
  6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    welcome to the site ron, i don't know my way around that part of the susky but i'm sure someone will :wink:

7. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Ive caught channels to 15# on lake fredrick. Pretty good population of larger fish. I havent seen the population of smaller cats there as I have down river more. Alot of the lake is featureless nothing. I think the higher concentrations of smaller fish would be in the upper portions of the lake. Where there is current and rocks as cover.

8. jack frost

jack frost New Member

State:
    pa
    my friend and I have tried the shallower portion where the water is faster and rocky with out much luck a few times in the past. We used livers and night crawlers as well as tried cut bait a few times. I know there has to be cats stacked some where in that stretch. Thanks for the info I guess we might have to try a few spots and see what happens I have asked around the tackle shop Hawghead baits a few times and no one had much offer either can't say I really blame people. I hate giving out my spots as well.
    I think I might stick around the board a for a bit as you guy's seem very friendly and knowlegable about catfishing def a good place to learn the sport.

9. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    welcome to the boc ron....justin:smile2:

10. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    :0a25:to the best fishing site in the world!

11. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    :0a25: to the BOC. Great place to be!

12. jack frost

jack frost New Member

State:
    pa
    looks like not many people this stretch of the susky. I thought for sure there would more anglers from this stretch of the river on here.

13. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I know of atleast 4 or 5 people that are on here that live within 5 -10 min of that stretch. There are going to be a few tournys. this year from that launch. I am pretty sure that the first one is in May. There are alot of fish in that area, you just have to put some time in to find them. I used to live in Hummelstown and Middletown but I didn't fish above the dam to much. I perfer fishing below it.

14. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I know of a good number of tournaments in the that area so they are there. I don't fish that part of the river. Most of my fishing is from the bank and when I do tag along with someone with a boat, we fish down river from there.

15. bill55

bill55 New Member

State:
    Pa
    Ron --best place I know of would be below the power plant at york haven ---kiinda rocky tho and pretty much current for fishing with kids---but lots of channels and some pretty big flatheads being caught there---you are above the dam near goldsboro so and one of the islands around tmi--on the downstream ends will get you into channels---good luck and be safe

16. jack frost

jack frost New Member

State:
    pa
    Thank you for your help

17. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    After fishing Lake Frederick this past weekend for the first time. I'd have to say it's a fun stretch of the Susky to fish for the channels. I didn't bring any fresh bait, used frozen shad and some chicken liver, but the frozen shad was the ticket for me., and still had a blast. Came in last place in the tourney with 20 couple lbs. But caught 23 channels ranging from 4 to 9lb. But if you want to get some action. I'd suggest this part of the river in a heartbeat.

The Susky is known amongst the bass guys as a great fishery for smallmouth, but the channels might just be the hidden treasure.