Susquehanna River

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by ayokay005, Aug 16, 2006.

1. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    ive been doing a lot of fishing up here for cats in the susquehanna, was wondering if anybody does good out here also?

2. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Yeah man, I do alot of fishing around there. They seem to be hitting on nightcrawlers but Im working on some stinkin homemade bait. LOL

Was that my bell? :lol:

3. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    say where in maryland is the susquehanna???

4. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Northern part... basically at the top of the bay and to the left...

When i caught fish up there I caught them on shad and one on worms

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    hey Guys remember to check out the acats tournament that will be on the susquehanna sept 9th at glen cove marina just above the dam. Come on out and fish with us or stop on by around 2;30 pm that saturday and watch the weigh-in and meet the guys.

6. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    me and my pic ( partner in catfishin) will be there ! :embarassed:

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    hEY ALL mARYLAND ACATS WILL BE FISHING THE SUSQUEHANNA AT GLEN COVE MARINE THATS RIGHT ABOVE THE CONAWINGO DAN TOMORROW AND WE WILL HAVE WEIGH-IN AROUND 2:30 PM STOP ON BY AND MEET ALL THE MEMBERS

8. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Are there any big fish even in this river? Im starting to think there are only 10lb and under out there..LOL

Wish I had a boat:angry:

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    HEY cHRIS i HOPE TO FIND OUT TOMORROW I WILL DO BY BEST TO FIND THE BIG BOYS

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    We fished our 7th tournament today on the Susquehanna River and with 5 teams their to fish in the heavy fog that stayed around till almost noon time. With all the rain over the last week the water was full of trash and muddy. The river was moving up and down most all day and the fishing was hard to almost no at all as for the bites they all had lockjaw today.
    Preston Ferguson was lucky and find 3 fish to give him first place at 7.60 lbs taking home 137.50 plus big fish a 4.80 lbs and 50.00. 2nd place went to Marty Scott with 5 fish at 4.35 lbs and taking home 62.50. 3rd place went to Greg Hagan with 3 fish 3.35 lbs . Is was a hard day but then any day on the water is a good day . Now on to the big end of the year tournament The Maryland Catfish Shootout October 14 - 15 at Smallwood State Park we hope all members we show up for this tournament if not to fish then just to see the weigh-in and show support for all the members who would be fishing.

11. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Was down at our weekly fishing spot and about 1am I caught a 15inch rockfish....It was pretty cool catching a rockfish not more then 20ft from the pier we were fishing off of. I guess he really wanted that shrimp!

:cool2: