Susquehanna River, safe harbor dam

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by ibohunter, Aug 8, 2006.

1. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    Fished the river today 6am to 11am, only caught 1 channel, carp were not hitting, other people were catching a lot of channels and i 34" flathead on a creek chub. channels were caught on minnows, liver, and shrimp

Attached Files:

2. setup1

setup1 New Member

State:
    Pa
    I fish the Safe Harbor Dar every weekend. Were you fishing from shore or on the bridge. I fish from the bridge, been catching nice channels 5 to 7 lb range. We are starting to pick up some nice flatheads. A buddy of mine caught a 13 1/2 lb flathead on sunday morning on chicken liver. It looks like the flatheads are adapting to the water here. I myself picked up a 5 lb flathead on Saturday on chicken liver also. My biggest this year so far was 15 1/2 lbs on a large shinner.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Is that a channel in that pic cause if it is thats a pretty big looking channel.

4. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    I was fishing from the bridge, and yes it was a channel catfish

5. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Mark, I've noticed that the channel cats from the juniata and susquehanna rivers seem to have broader heads than the channels I've been catching in the Alleghenny.:confused2: ibohunter there are better days ahead.

6. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    do you guys know what the dam that is in willimington pa is called its on the susquanna river