Susquehanna River - Moving to Bloomsburg PA.

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by HARVRAD2003, Feb 25, 2007.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I live in Illinois at the time, just on the other side of the river from St. Louis and will be moving to Pa. this Summer. I was told that the River that runs through Bloomsburg isn't a good place to catch fish to eat, I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts. Never been to Pa. and of coarse have never fished there but I'm hoping to get back into catting this year.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Randy! Welcome to Pa.!:0a25: I assume your talking about the Susquehanna River! I don't know about the eating quality of the fish but I know many members on here fish that river and catch many catfish.

3. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Yes Sir, that is correct---I thought that might be the river, I just couldn't spell it very well.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to PA!! Im about two hours from you.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Hey man i live about an hour north of pittsburgh i dont know where bloomsburg is. Is it close to pittsburgh?

6. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I think if you take I-80 East it is aprox. on the East Pa. 1/3 of the State at aprox. 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. from Philadelphia. Sure would be nice to live close to Pitt. since I'm a huge Steeler fan.

7. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    We'll be moving about the middle of June, a friend of mine who along with his wife are both Dr.'s are setting up a Clinic there and he asked me if I'd like to work with him and I figured sure sounds great. He also likes to fish but is not in it at the moment very heavily, I guess if I be honest I'm not either---if I had a boat it might be a little different.

8. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    We just call it the Suskie up here!!! Some people eat the fish from the river but I dont especally from down in that neighbohood. The only fish I ever eat from the river are Walleye and then only in the winter time, plus nothin over 22" that's just me!!! All my fishin is done above Tunkahnnock as far north as the NY border. The Suskie is one of the best river's in the country for Smallie's, Walleye, and Channel cat's. You'll have to put your time in and learn how to fish it, it wont take long before you turn into a river rat like myself. You can catch fish all year around once you learn it. By the way welcome to PA.

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    ahh, The mighty Suskie! I live about 45 minutes from Bloomsburg. Great fishing and many spiecies to choose from too! Welcome to Pa!

10. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey Thanks you all, I'm ready for some real Winter weather--here in Illinois they don't have the snow like they did in the 70's when I was a kid.

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Welp' then Pa. oughtta bring back some of those old memories cause we sure get the old snow! lol
    :big_smile:

P.S.
    I hope you like Scrapple, lebanon bologna & middleswarth B.B.Q.- potato chips! (You'll see) :roll_eyes:

12. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    welcome, i also agree you have some good fishing there. maybe not for dinner plenty of fish. also im pretty sure your not far from some real nice trout steams but you need to drive a little out of bloomsburg. hope this summer is nice to you.

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

my wife is originally from the lebanon/fredericksburg area. I have my mother in law bring down the middlewarth bbq chips for me since its not available here in allentown. yes, thats right I had to import a redneck cause these city girls just dont cut it for a country boy like me.

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    LOL thats about right too! :lol:

15. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I live 30 minutes from Bloomsburg , I'm from wapwallopen and the suskie is pretty good fishing there. You will get alot of smallmouth bass, rock bass, and channels around bloomsburg.