Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by JMarrs328, May 14, 2006.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Does anyone else frequent, or even fish, the Susquehanna River? IF so where do you fish?

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    At the mouth of the Sus. & Pine Creek down to the "great Island" AWESOME fishin' too!!

3. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    When im up there i like goin to Safe Harbor by Lancaster, didnt have much luck on cats but the walleye were hittin good.

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Did you know that the ol' Susquehanna predates the Atlantic Ocean!? and has carved at the least three mountain ranges (that don't even exist anymore)! Look it up on www.Wikipedia.com Very interesting. I have actually seen pictures of sturgeon pulled out of the "mouth" below McElhattan!! I swear! I'd almost have to see it happen to beleive it though.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Saw a flathead landed below the Conowingo Dam today.
    Bass and Shad fisherman will not be happy

6. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I fish mostly Between York Haven dam and Safe harbor dam.I usually Launch my Boat at the Fallmouth access on the east shore and fish the tailrace of York Haven.Im going to start focusing my efforts on chickies bend and Lake Clark above Safe Harbor as well.Some of the rivers best catfishing can be had below the brunner Island warm water discharge.A place called gut road has a ton of bank fishing access and is extraordinary in the very early spring.Dont go in the summer though the water gets to hot and is void of fish.