Suspended bait on bobber

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by kingdawes, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    one of our fellow brother thought I might get the answers I need on this post
    Thanks whistler
    Hey fellas I heard about a rigg that you can use to make you bait more presentable on a slip bobber set up. the basic way it is set up is like so: on the main line, bobber stop, bead, slip bobber,2-way swivel, leader long as you choose then your weight. Now the leader with the hook and bait on it will be on a second two way swivel freely attatched to the leader between the weight and first swivel. This is so the bait can swim up vertically with limit as well as horizantally with out having to lugg around that weight. Seems like it would be Ideal for a medium sized pound or lake situation.

When I try it I think I will have a 2-3ft leader between 1st swivel and weight. then maybe a foot from 2nd swivel to bait. Does sound about right?

My question is has anybody ever used this rig and is it even a good Idea? If you have used this rig please let me know how it worked or how you liked it? I will also be trying this rig and giving some feed back. Thanks much

2. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    This rig could be simplified by using a three-way swivel instead of two standard swivels. Most catfishermen know this rig and have used it at least once.

I have found that the simplest rig is often the best because if it is too complicated, it becomes difficult to re-tie in the field. The slip-float rig you have described is a very dependable method... if the leader to the weight is weaker than the mainline. That way, if snagged up, the sinker will break away before the hook leader will.

3. pelark

pelark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think that this is the rig that you are talking about. It took a couple of times reading the post before I understood ALL of the parts...maybe this will help get the responses that you are looking for.
    Phil

Attached Files:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I like the fat katbobbers that Gene sales on this site. I rig them as follows: in this order slide on your bobber stop / bead / bobber / weight / then another bead. Using a 2-way swivel make your leader the desired length and tie it to your swivel with a palomar knot now tie the swivel to your main line with a palomar knot then tie your favorite hook on with a palomar knot. set your bobber stop to the desired depth bait your hook and get ready to catch some fish.

5. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yes phil that is a great picture. That rig is exactly the one I was thinking about. Seems to me that would be almost perfect to fish with Kat bobber.

6. pelark

pelark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad that it works for you, Chris. I knew if I read it enough times, it would eventually sink in...lol