Suspended bait on bobber

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by kingdawes, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey fellas I heard about a rigg that you can use to make you bait more presentable on a slip bobber set up. the basic way it is set up is like so: on the main line, bobber stop, bead, slip bobber,2-way swivel, leader long as you choose then your weight. Now the leader with the hook and bait on it will be on a second two way swivel freely attatched to the leader between the weight and first swivel. This is so the bait can swim up vertically with limit as well as horizantally with out having to lugg around that weight. Seems like it would be Ideal for a medium sized pound or lake situation.

When I try it I think I will have a 2-3ft leader between 1st swivel and weight. then maybe a foot from 2nd swivel to bait. Does sound about right?

My question is has anybody ever used this rig and is it even a good Idea? If you have used this rig please let me know how it worked or how you liked it? I will also be trying this rig and giving some feed back. Thanks much

2. pelark

pelark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Misread the post...answer didn't make any sense at all.

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Check out the sponsor section and look through the wildwolf area. I think you'll find a ton of info on slip bobber fishing. Go in there and post your question and I'll guarentee a bunch of good answers. I use this method all the time and it's great.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288

4. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thank you I will do that