Sushibar!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by big-muddy, May 13, 2008.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    How many of you guys like eating sushi? its like licorice, you either love it, hate it, or are scared to try it. i just got back from eating two entire rolls. california and spicy tuna. mmmmmm...yummy!

Attached Files:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Looks good, I usually will partake in some sushi when I can. Sushimi(sp) I can eat but Im not too fond of that.

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's great with some of that green hot stuff they have. You know the stuff that cleans out your sinuses.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    That would be wasabi oh no san :wink:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I tried it the other night - no rice, just slices of raw tuna with some sinus cleaner (sorry Oh No, couldn't help it:wink:) Good stuff! I decided if I was going to eat sushi, I wanted to eat the raw fish. Couldn't believe how filling a couple of small slices of raw mahi-mahi were.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sashimi and wasabi, Hmmmm not thats some good stuff even if it is bait.

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I love sushi and sashimi. Once, a few years ago, I was on two day tuna trip.. anyways, One guy caught a yellowfin tuna the deckhand fillet that tuna took it into the galley washed it and brought it out for us to try(awsome)

Jaime

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    all i can say is release in grease.hot grease, preferably rolled in a little cornmeal and flour.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Tuna to me is kind of like salmon - might as well be eating a cake of sawdust. If I gotta eat tuna, I prefer it raw after trying it that way:big_smile:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont know the difference betwix the two I have eaten one or the other ,Just dont know which. I do know it was dang good ,and wasabi mixed with a few drops of soy sauce is GOOD STUFF MAYNARD

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I really like good sushi and sashimi, all different types. I usually mix soy sauce and wasabi in a dipping bowl. And gotta have some pickled ginger with it (gari) :big_smile:

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ya got me thinking, in the late 70s I was on an all day fishing boat out of San Diego, CA. The one deck hand caught a tuna and filleted it in chunks, then had this hot mustard to dip it in. AWSOME Stuff. That mustard was powdered in a can and you just mixed it with some water. Boy I would love to have some of that. Don't know where to get it.

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I love tuna maki. stay away from the sea urchin, its the nastiest stuff there is.