Surprise,Suprise.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by banjoer, Aug 13, 2017.

1. banjoer

banjoer Member

State:
    s.w. Pa.
    Name:
    rick
    Well in s.west Pa. here 3 weeks ago we had torrential down pours of rain.4 inchs in 2.5 hours.Redstone creek runs behind my place and the big down pour made it get high and it dredged out a new hole.
    Well brother an I planned a trip for last nite so I went to the new hole to catch sum gills n chubs. Well heck , I lowered a worm on my ultra lite shakespear in to the hole an a 12 inch brook trout grabbed it .Shocked I put it my minnow bucket .
    Next lob a 8 inch or so chub. Another short lob a 6 inch gil! Went on like this and heck brother shows up bout 15 minutes later and I had a bunch of chubs an gils.Nice ones!
    It starts rainin and I pulled in 2 more nice trout. Then a nice white sucker ,all in bout 40 minutes. A bait fishin dream.
    I throwed the 2 other trout back and headed 2 the house bout 150 yards away an put the fish in my bait barrel. I couldn,t believe the new hole would yield that much bait.Went where this same creek dumps into the mon.river 28 miles down stream and caught a small channel cat, a 32 inch bluecat. Had a really good run on the sucker head but no hookup.
    Brother got skunked but what a surprise all that bait and the blue cat were.

Fishfeen, wolfman, Catpaw and 2 others like this.
  2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    that alone would be a successful day fishing

Fishfeen likes this.

3. banjoer

banjoer Member

State:
    s.w. Pa.
    Name:
    rick
    Walt, that was a lotta fun. Made me drift back in time to when I was a boy when life was carefree.We would ride our bikes to different spots in the summer catchin creek chubs, suckers you name it.

4. Sky

Sky New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sky.
    Sounds like a good time

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I have found that a small 4' cast net works great in the creek pools in my area, I catch a lot of creek chubs and suckers doing this.

6. banjoer

banjoer Member

State:
    s.w. Pa.
    Name:
    rick
    Sounds good Walt but here it,s illegal to use a cast net.