Surgery Done

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Nov 2, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Home from the hospital and all went as well as could be expected. Doc was able to remove the cycst from my knee. Thats the good news. Have no cartilidge left in there. I'm gonna get a series of injections of a synthetic cartilidge. He figures this should buy me about two years before I gotta get a knee replacement. "BUMMER" Rite now I'm enjoyin the pain meds and the Mrs. answerin my requests. Wonder how long I can milk that. LOL!

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dam$ ya made it George. You won't die till you get the bill, guaranteed heart attack there. Aren't wifes wonderful when they got ya on your back unable to do anything. Saves a lot of aggravation for them in a days time.

Nice to hear from ya George. Glad things went as well as they did. John.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    George,
    Glad your survived. Now be a good boy and don't abuse the wife's kindness 'cos that knee is gonna hurt like hell if she "accidentally" drops your lunch tray on it...W

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ah and I just shot ya a Pm. I didnt see your post here until afterwads. I will let ya know about them injections on the 8th...thought it was the 7th. Good to have ya back George and hope your knee does a lot better for ya -Jim-

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    BG good deal on the surgery. You will be able to milk that about as long as she will tolerate it. :big_smile:

6. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Glad to hear you are ok George. Will you still be able to tell if bad weather is coming with your knee lol.:smile2:

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Knee riiiiiiight BG or should we call you L(little)G now :big_smile:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Glad all went well BG, you should be able to milk it for a week or two where the wifes concirned but you art to be able to choke some change out of that duck for a couple of months :smile2:. Now if those extensions are only good for two years i think i'll wait and see how the replacement goes:wink:.

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Did you get the other one done so you don't hafta limp?:smile2:
    Here's hopin' for a swift recovery...

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad everything came out OK. Bad news about that knee though. Hope you can make it awhile before you need that done. Good luck!!

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad it went well and they cut on the right parts. You must of been wearing your cup. I dont think you would sound right with a hi pitch voice. LMAO.:tounge_out:

Laid up on couch, Pain pills, wife waiting on you, lucky dog. You can watch football this Sunday in style. :big_smile:

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I figure a handsome,charming,debonair man about town,strongly resembling myself could milk that situation for the 2 years until the knee replacement surgery.:smile2:In your case I figure 2 days will be max!!!!!I have heard that synthetic treatment is very effective, particulary if you use Mobil One, High Mileage 10w-40.:smile2::wink:You will be able to get that knee going a lot better on those sub-zero NJ mornings.:wink::eek:oooh::big_smile:

13. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Dang George! Glad to hear all went well.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Glad to hear all went well! Now take it easy and milk it for all its worth!!!:tounge_out::cool2::wink::big_smile:

15. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks for the report BG, glad to hear your okay!!!

16. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I too, am glad to hear that you're okay, and that they worked on the right leg!

Now for that knee replacement, we can always find you a good '57 Chevy ball joint. Sure would beat the Chinese parts; not only that, you would be completely vintage! :big_smile:

17. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Glad to hear that it went well.hope for a fast recovery.

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good news on the surg. George,I had a friend that shattered a hip when he was about 16,and has had it replaced once since then . I saw him on crutches an asked . He told me they are only good for 15-20 years so I'll have to get at least one more ,if I live that long . Glad your Wife loves ya that much too,get well quick so ya can drive trat train over to ohio an pick on postbeetle :smile2:

19. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Well BIG GEORGE am really glad to here that OPERATION KICKSTAND went great:eek:oooh:I guess your laying on your back right now filled with admiration and gradatude toward's the skilled hand of Doctor Add on lmao

20. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Hope ya have speedy recovery on your part George. Good luck on the wife part cause I know my wife would catch on to soon.