Surge Fishing rods Anyone heard of these?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catmankev, Jan 7, 2006.

1. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I went to a fishing show in Collinsville, IL today and looked at a rod called "SURGE". These were 8' heavy action rods, very stong looking. The guy was demonstrating them by pressing the tip on the floor and leaning into it with all his weight, and he was a pretty big boy! Sell for $69.00

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man sounds cool. I would like to see that. Trying to copy the Ugly Stick commercials arent they?...LOL :D I'm gonna try to look one up using google.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I never heard of them , can you get some more info on them?

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a guy tell me he could dead lift 70-lbs with a quantum bigcat heavy action.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have one and not sure I would do that. But I would like to see it.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Clarence I agree, I would not try it with mine.

7. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Catmankev, I use Surge rods and they are great.I quit using bigcat rods because they were always breaking on me and the eyes keep poping out. Awesome rod,well built with stainless steel eyes, and cork handles.The med. heavy rods are great for flatheads, they have a fast action tip and plenty of back bone to get them in. I can get them for you, just let me know...

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just read a review on these surge rods, They look like a very good rod!

9. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Bluff city tackle carries them in Alton, IL. They are having an Open House Feb. 23-26 featuring $10.00 off Surge and Big Cats!!!!!!!! Might have to take a ride. :D

10. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Guys, I was wondering about the Surge fishing rods. I can't find any info on them anywere. I tried a search on the net and came up with no results. I did find that Bluff City tackle website telling about there sell on these rods ,but no pics. or info. Thanks in advance!

11. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    TNVOLCAT, Are you comming to the fish & camp at cumberland city? I'll be bringing some extra surge rods with me if you want to see them or get one. They are a awesome rod. The med. heavy's have a fast action tip with plenty of back bone, excellent flathead rod. They have ss eyes and you don't have to worry about ceramic eyes popping out. The heavy action can handle weights up to 24oz...