Surge Catfish Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tnkatman, Nov 29, 2006.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Does Anyone Have Or Have Any Info. On The Surge Catfish Rods, I Saw Them In The C. C. Flyer And Was Wondering How Good They Are. Does Anyone Know Where To Purchase Them ? Any Info. Is Appreciated.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kevin, just order some from Catfish Connection. They're selling them on their website. I know of a few BOC members that use them and really like them. I know of one guy that said he didn't like the guides, and another told me that the rod handle needed to be improved. But, they still liked them for the most part. I don't get to fish very often so I can't justify paying $70 for a "SURGE", when I can buy 2 "Big Cats" for that price. If money was no object to me, I'd probably outfit myself with a half dozen "SURGE" and Uglystick "TIGER" rods.

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I have two, and would buy another, if needed, have no problem with guides and handle on my older one, about 3 years, old, the cork has got a little rough, doesn't amount to anything, find sand paper would fix in about two minuets, also have a boss and tiger stix. all good rods. c.c. price pretty good, on surge.
    Jim

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I have 5 of the surge rods. They are an excellent catfish rod but they do need a few improvements. The stainless eyes are just coated brass eyes, the reel seat is not a Fuji reel seat, and the cork handle is not pure cork. The are tough rods though, and believe you, I have put one of them to the test. It should have broke but it did not. All in all they are good catfish poles.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I'll find out this summer. Picked up 2 of them this fall.

6. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I'll have to give one a whirl, although for the $ I want to try a quantum E-cat. Comething new anyway...

7. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey slimcat the poles I was tellin ya about are for sale now and a couple more are in the works as we speak for different styles of fishing. I will try to get a pic of them as soon as I can to post for ya to see what they look like. All the testing and stuff is done and if ya can get next to Patterson he has one to look at as it was shipped this week for him to try.These are for the guys that take their fishing serious and dont mind paying for quality in their equipment.I am savin my nickles so I can get a few of them to fish with.

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Thanks and sounds good Willy. Its about time somebody made a pole for the serious catfisherman. Can't wait to check it out. Those new 7000 garcias are really sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Billy, slim,
    Are you guys talkin about rods from the rod shop?

10. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yep thats the ones, call Tom and he will hook ya up. They are called Bluecats and they are in the John Jamison series, you can get them with how ya want them with guides also depending on how you want to set them up.

11. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Willy-Brad- where do I get one of these rods. I'm very interested.

12. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I'll hook ya up with the guy who makes them. I'm gonna talk to him after x-mas

13. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I've seen Jamisons rods. Josh (crazy) and I went to his house to look at the boat He won at the classic. those rods looked very nice and about half the price of My custom I had made last season. gotta get a couple for spring!