Surf Fishing in SC

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by Bob R, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    I will be in Myrtle Beach for a week and will have plenty of time for fishing. From what I have read the surf and pier fishing is pretty slow now. Any helpful information or locations would be greatly appreciated.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The fishing is a little slow now. The head boats and charters are doing pretty well though. I can offer bait suggestions try to find "fish-Bites" they come in a lot of flavors and coclors and work as well if not better than the real thing. And they are cheaper. If you prefer real bait shrimp and blood worms are the way to go and offer the opportunity to catch multiple types of fish. If you go pier fishing do not overcast the fish the pier is stucture and offers both safety and food to the fish. Good luck

3. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    if you want to find fish bites they sell them at walmart in squid,crab,shrimp,and bloodworm flavors. i have found that the bloodworm flaver works best on spot but the shrimp gets more roundhead and more croaker. thoses are the only 2 ive used

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I talked to my cousin tonight and he said they were catching a mixed bag of fish at Mrytle Beach. Nothing real big though I think he said his biggest was a 20 pound shark. caught on a head he got from somebody cleaning fish. pompano, sailors choice, pinfish and a few others were caught on shrimp and bloodworm Fishbites

5. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Im'm in N.C. and surf fishing is slow here as well but you can probaly pick a few flounder or mayby a drum. I stay just a little over an hour from myrtle beach :confused2: