sure sign of spring is close

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Scott Daw, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Well I've seen two sure signs of spring. The turkey vultures are back in town and my dwarf iris's are blooming once again. They always bloom before the neighborhood chrocus's do.

Attached Files:

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I find myself chasing moma around around the house!:smile2:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have seen a few robins and western kingbirds. they are a pretty sure sign of spring in my area. I havent yet looked at the mesquite, to see if they are budding out ,This is what the old timers say is a sign that the last freeze is over .

4. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    The sign that spring is close for me is that my wife starts shoping for flowers that I have to plant.:angry:

5. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    everytime I think spring is around the corner it freezes up again:crazy:

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    want be much longer..hang in there:smile2:

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Spring has pretty much "sprung" here. The redbud trees, pear trees & dogwoods are blooming. The purple martins are back; the bluebirds are checking out their nestboxes; & I've already had to MOW THE YARD!!!! The grass isn't really growing, but the weeds/clover/vetch in the dog pen was a foot high. Some fun!
    Scott, those pictures of your irises are beautiful! I love those things. I bought some new Dutch Iris bulbs that I've got in pots right now; they're not up yet, but when they come up & bloom maybe I can post a picture.

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    SPRING BAH HUMBUG :angry::angry:

I'm tired of you folks talking like spring is just around the corner. It's 37 degrees right now at 9:30 in the morning. I is not going to get any warmer today.:sad2::sad2:

I have 1 heck of a cold, cannot stop sneezing, stomach feels like I ate a turd. And then all you folks, especially Ladyfish tells of all the birds singing and flowers blooming. BAH HUMBUG It ain't happening here.:confused2::confused2:

Every time I even think spring, the weather turns to crap up here. I went and bought 2 fifty pound sacks of Tall Fescue grass seed yesterday. So today the weather is worse than yesterday. Yesterday it was at least 40. LOL

When I drove to Taylorville, IL last week to get that "new to me tractor and tiller" the weather was nice, 50 degrees. Then as soon as I get it home it's winter again.

I have picked up a ton of garden seed so I can have at least 3 acres of veggies. Well half that field is under water and ice, the ground is still froze down deep.

It's too cold to work in the basement on my boat, Yesterday I made two anchors out of wheel weights with the garage doors open. I think that just added to my cold/flu.:embarassed::embarassed:

I guess it's just not spring on the shores of Lake Michigan. lol

I know it's officially spring when I can look out our 3 bay windows. Right now they are full of my wifes houseplants. When they go outside it's spring.

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    No worries!! With all that lake effect weather you get, you'll see spring soon. Ohh lets say sometime around june or july. :eek:oooh:

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well your a few weeks ahead of me but it was warm today. tee weather. love it.:wink:

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's right at 32 degrees this morning and 9" of snow is forcast for Chicago, just 60 miles from me. SPRING BAH HUMBUG :smile2::smile2:

13. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Jim....you could always move down here to Western Kentucky. The trees are blooming and the birds are singing and the fish are....well almost. 2 outta three ain't bad. Cheer up brother spring is a coming.:smile2:

14. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Snow is here again, wifes car is covered. lol

15. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    almost fishing time cant wait

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well yesterday i was out in the yard and seen some flower sprouts poping up. i love it. all my hostas and stuff will be green soon. just weed and feeded the yard with a bag i got on clearence last fall for $2.00. come on green leaves.:wink: