Sure Shot

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by lwarchery, Jul 29, 2008.

1. lwarchery

lwarchery New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dose anybody use it?

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas

3. lwarchery

lwarchery New Member

State:
    Texas
    punch bait made by Benny Roberts in Decatur

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Darn good stuff. Works for me and he is a fellow Texan.

5. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I used it before. It's a good bait and catches plenty of fish. I've ALWAYS had to add cat tails to it though when it gets over 85 degrees.

6. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Welcome to the B.O.C Shawn

My son and I have used it and it worked pretty darn good, we chummed a little and started using it and within 30 minutes of chumming we were catching. We caught fewer fish then when using DK's but they were bigger (2.5-4.5#rs). Need to order some more but I'll wait til I use up the 'secret 7' we just got. Waters been too hot in cali, when I was there the weekend before last there water was 89 degrees in the morning. I was told by a freind to try a different part of the lake so I'll do that next time. (maybe next Saturday)

Rubes

7. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I've heard about it but I've never seen it. Where do you get it? :confused2: I'll use just about anything that I've heard of on this site after finding out that Danny Kings is not over rated!!! Just so that you all know I was a little leary about DK :confused2: till one day my son (he's 5 years old) said that was the bait that he wanted from Academy's so I thought what the hay its for the boy. :smile2: Just want you guys to know that he caught the first 3 fish :eek:oooh: before his Dad and his cousin. Needless to say Dad started to use DK's :smile2: .... only the boy said that he had to get his own!!! :eek:oooh: LOL!!! :smile2: And what about that secret 7 stuff?

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Ruben, what part of California did you visit/fish?
    Jaime

9. el-de-saspamco

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Hi Ruben, what part of California did you visit/fish?

Sorry Jaime, around here in the SA,Tx area we call one of our twin lakes cali, their actual names are : Braunig and Calaveras lakes Braunig being the smaller lake at 1500 acres or so and Calaverasis about 3400 acres.

10. lwarchery

lwarchery New Member

State:
    Texas
    where can you get that "secret 7" and how long dose it take to order sure shot

11. lwarchery

lwarchery New Member

State:
    Texas

www.catfishbait.net for the sure shot bait

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Shawn for sharing the web site for this punch bait.

13. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I want to try in I heard about the comarant.

14. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    blues ever hit it, or is it a channel bait?
    you use a sponge hook, would a looper work?

15. lwarchery

lwarchery New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use the treble hooks with the springs

16. el-de-saspamco

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    I've used sureshot just on a treble from a #2 - 6# it's got some thick stuff in it like animal fat or something. Stays on the hook pretty good although until the water gets warmer then they say to put shredded paper towels or some cattail fluff into it and mix. I always kept my s/s in the cooler so it stays thick.
    Benny roberts makes some good bait and as soon as he gets your m/order your order is on the way. I got mine in something like four days.
    www.catfishbait.net

Secret 7 can be ordered from team catfish a sponser here @ the BOC. I haven't used it alot to form a good opinon on it, it smells a lot like s/s but it's smoother and breaks down faster in warm water, you have to use tubes, 'furrythangs' some kind bait holders.

http://www.teamcatfish.com/

Rubes

17. Army_Chief

Army_Chief New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've never used dip baits before. I'm hoping Rubes shows me the ropes this Saturday.

18. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Closest I've come to using dip baits or punch baits was using catfish charlie (I think that's what it was called) as a kid. Whew :p

19. chappy1958

chappy1958 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Ruben, Please let me know which of the Punch Baits worked best for you. I noticed you have used Sure Shot and know using Secret 7. I have been considering using one or the other. Only thing is I river fish alot and would like to know which one would work best in a rivers current.

20. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Fellows, Can't speak for Secret 7 but I've been a user of Sureshot for many years and it works. Benny ships quick and his bait is tops.