Sure had a great time Yesterday.

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Apr 26, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I drove up to Sheridan Yesterday morning early and met up with Tallmanrus, and poisonpits there. From there we went over to the Arkansas River at Lock and Dam # 5 close to Tar Camp.

We met up with Raysplay there and started fishing. During the day we had other BOC members show up.... There was puppypal.. which is Rays wife. Then we had Chrisb show up with a friend and then we also had COUNTRYBOY and angelkitty show up also. We really had a great time and caught a few fish also..

I didn't have my camera with me yesterday because my wife had it using it for a special event elsewhere but Trish got some pics and I'm sure she will be along to share in a bit.

I also bumped into another BOC member while I was trying to catch some skips below the dam. His user name is catman89.

I hadn't planned to stay so long yesterday but we had such a great time that we just didn't want it to end. In fact none of us had brought any flash lights or lanterns or such to see with so when it really got dark we had to finally give it up and pack up and leave.

Thanks Glenda for stopping and getting us some food on the way out :embarassed: ..... We sure were getting hungry...:wink:

and thanks Ray for showing us "Your Dam"... :confused2:

and thanks to Tall.... your one of a kind my friend...:wink:

and Johnnie.... well your just you... what else can I say.. :smile2:

Newt and Trish... so glad ya'll could pop in and fish with us some... sorry it ended short.... Hope we are better prepared next time.

and Chris B... so glad to finally meet you..

I really had a great time meeting and visiting with all and Catching Tall's fish :eek:oooh:

Tall's rod was the "hot rod" yesterday... just glad we finally talked him into using circle hooks :eek:oooh::smile2:

See all of ya'll at De Gray:wink:

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Sounds like a mini-DeGray gathering, a week early. :smile2:

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mike they were praticing for DeGray!!:wink:

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like a fun day

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    yes sir it was fun but then any time i have an audiance i have fun.i ended up drowning bout a dozen big perch with no luck sept for a toothy critter.ray and his wife glenda are great folks and all the rest ived talk about before.it was a good time and a great place to fish ill be back.trish my dear ya really need to warn a guy before you blind him with a flash bulb.

6. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Your right about going back... That is a great place to fish.... I'll definitely plan some more trips there.

Forget to mention about meeting a local there also.. Named Darrel.... hope we got him talked into joining the BOC... will be looking for him... (gave him one of my cards)

I would have loved to have just stayed the night and fished... and probably would have if I had gone better prepared... like flashlights and a few other essentials.:eek:oooh:

Really had a great time with all those great BOC brothers and sisters. Sure didn't want it to end... but I know we will have just as great and probably better time this next weekend at De Gray with even more Great BOC brothers and sisters.

Can't wait!!!!!! This week of work is gonna be tough with all the anticipation and preperation of De Gray.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes it sounds like you all had a Mini Gathering. Glad to hear all went well.

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Never a bad time when you meet up with BOC members.

Myself and trisha has been all over arkansas this weekend.

Friday night we headed to Nuke 1 to fish, not knowing about the meeting at Lock and Dam#5.

Fished all night long at Nuke 1 after stopping by Lake Atkins on the way up for shad. Trisha caught a 2.5 lb channel cat at nuke 1.

Got home Saturday and got some sleep after finding out the rest of the crew was at Lock and Dam #5. Then we went to meet up with them Saturday Night.

Then got home Saturday night and get a call from Randell AKA Shepdog and find out he is on Lake Conway. But was gonna be leaving soon so we did not meet up with him.

After getting up Sunday and doing a little around the house, Bud Sill calls and we talk a while and find out DRK made it to Degray. So, we go down to lake Degray to visit with Danny Kyle. He was not at his site so we left him a note and headed home.

So we have been to Lake Atkins, Lake Degray, Nuke 1 on Dardenelle, and the Arkansas River this weekend.

We really enjoyed this weekend together and Visiting with all the members. Now, Degray cannot get here Quick enough! Look forward to seeing you guys there!

Trish will be along later tonight and post a few pics! Here are a few just for a taste of this weekend!

If you enjoy the pics - come join us at Degray for more good times to be had. It's never to late to join us!

Attached Files:

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Did you catch any shad? at atkins?

10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Yes we did Top! And almost lost my net there. But could not pull it out and ended up tying it to the truck bumper to pull it out. Figured i done lost it when i had to do that. It worked out ok, the truck pulled it out without much damage.

Then when i get to Nuke 1 , I almost lost it again. Had to wade out in waist deep water and retrieve it. There was a descent size crappie in it also.

Top, I will be back at Lake Atkins with a boat. There looks like some good fishing there. I got a few shad and left. By the way. There was a toon of fish all around the bank that you could just dip up with a dip net. Not sure if they was shad or what but there were hundreds of them everywhere you looked.Swimming around in large groups. Wish i had a dip net with me then.

11. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I wish it had not of got dark so quick.........:sad2:
    Everyone that went to the lock was so friendly just like I thought :roll_eyes:you all would be. I am so glad I found this site for real. Maybe before too long we can do it again. But next time when we bring all the night fishing stuff you and Johnny must come to the house and stay.....:wink: I am sure that was a major road trip for both of ya. I am soooo glad everyone came down to our neck of the woods......I swear that lock hubby's name on it...He stays down there as much as he does home...LOL
    But I couldn't be more blessed to have a hubby that fishes and doesn't prowl! ROFL
    Just wait, the water will get right and I will be getting a couple in. Johnny there is flats in that pond PROMISE!:wink:
    Thank Trish for me Country boy for the picture of hubby and me. Most of the time we are at opposite ends of the lake and rarely get a picture together!

12. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Sorry i havent posted on the mini gathering yet :smile2: but its been real hectic here trying to get things done for next weekend at degray. Everyone that was there ,i want you to know i had a great time and hopefully to do it again soon , but next time its got to be an allnighter, .Well got 3 decent catfish on my catrod around 5 lbs each - got caught by three different people :smile2: I got the first one , then kev , then ray , that pole was hot that day , but hey , im like whoever gets to it first -get to realing , -but dont lose it lol . Glenda thanks for all the food you brought us, and chris thanks for stopping for me at the store . And thanks everyone for a GREAT time . When the river goes down some it will be a real nice place to set up for the night . TY everyone for another memory that will be with me forever.

13. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Yup sure did have a great time meeting everyone that I haven't met before.... Raysplay and puppypal are sure good people too. I woulda stayed the night but got to thinking about my dogs plus I didn't have my meds with me... didn't plan on staying that long but sure was glad I did.

Finally got to meet Chrisb and he's a fine young man too. I went to high school with his aunt and uncle way back when.

Glad everyone else that came was there too. Johnnie, Newt and Trish.

I already bought me a big rechargeable spotlight for next time :eek:oooh::cool2:

Everyone I have met so far from the BOC has just totally met my expectations of what kind of people the BOC attracts... nothing but the best. All are very kind hearted and generous to a fault. I know that everyone that I will meet at De Gray will be the same way... Everyone looking out for each other and eager to help or offer a suggestion, and the willingness to share anything they have. What a great bunch of folks we have as the brothers and sisters of the BOC... Just wish the rest of the world could be the same. There would be no war or hunger or anyone lacking anything they needed.

Thanks Tall for everything you did for me.... My inlaws were thrilled... they started working on em right after I got em unloaded :eek:oooh:

Thanks puppypal and Ray for the dinner. The chicken was really good.

Thanks Tall for the lunch. Your chicken was good too.:confused2:

Thanks Johnnie for not whooping us catching cats :smile2:

Newt and Trish glad ya could make it... even if not for long... wish we all had remembered to bring lights then it would have been for longer.

I'm sure De Gray will be even more enjoyable with more brothers and sisters there to meet and visit with and it will for sure etch another set of great memories in my mind but so did this little throw together.

See you all at De Gray.

14. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I,m so glad I finally got to meet all of you @ the river. I had a great time. I wish the fishing was better but with the river going up so fast you cant perdict the out come.but fish or no fish i had a great time sitting around and chatting, Tall with his hot poll,Kev was fun to talk to about the past and future of BOC and other things,Johnnie was a hoot with his story telling thought I was going to bust a gut. and all others was great meeting you. I,m looking forward to seeing you and meeting others @ DeGray THANKS FOR COMING!!!