sure fire way to get deer to come your way?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by river scum, Nov 8, 2007.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    save up your hunting socks for 2 week prior to deer season. when opening day hits, get out there early. take the socks you saved up, put them along the up wind side of your woods. after you have them hung go to your stand on the down wind side of your woods. when the deer get up to move they will come down your side of the woods, and you can pick them off!

do you guys think this is an unethicel tactic? :big_smile: do you think it would even work? just a thought i had the other day waiting on my clicker to sound. and no i dont do this. lol

good luck to all in the woods this season, and be safe!

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Interesting thought.
    A 1 man olfactory driven deer drive.

Only problem is, when you put them out where you hunt, the deer will already be going downwind.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ahhhhhhhh, Tim, so thats where you get you board name from. Your gonna have to quit puttin your feet in the water.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Are you sure YOU want to be downwind of your 2 week old dirty socks?! :smile2:

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's not as bad as an old co-worker I had several years ago. He saved his wife's old Tampons, froze them, and hung them in the woods during the rut. He swears it attracts bucks! He said tampons may not be the best thing in the world; but they're right up there!!! LOL

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The absolutely best way I found to see lots of deer and have them all over you is to go fishing.:smile2::eek:oooh::wink:I used to fish Dale Hollow Lake and the other TENN,KY reservoirs like KY Lake, Barkely etc.At Dale I used to see herds of deer and flocks of turkeys walking down the points leading to the water.Many folks actually hunted by boat as in going to areas by boat not shooting from them.I am considering building a tree stand in the water at Santee to see if +50 catfish would swim by HAHAHHAHAHA:smile2::crazy:

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    And all this time I thought a wind sock was for pilots.....

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've heard of someone going to there local barber shop and having them save all the hair and spreading it around someones hunting spot to run the deer off that had pissed them off LOL (Wasn't me but true story). Might work for a deer drive to if you could beat the deer to the other side of the woods:smile2:.

9. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Thats why I've seen these things hanging from trees. I thought they were yardage markers.

10. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    should work...

I've used a similar ruse to keep deer out of my garden in the spring... I'd hang a dirty "T" shirt from a different corner post each night, then after four nights, I'd simply start replacing the well-aired Tee with a fresh one from my back. The deer just don't like the smell of a sweaty man.

I just wish that it worked as well to repel racoons... :confused2:

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

Another tampon use!! those things are almost as usefull as duct tape!!

But on another note, scent attractors are legal, whats wrong with scent detractors?

12. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use a similiar tactic just about every day. when i come down and i have to use the restroom. i strategically pick spots to go. sometimes a deer will walk between the spot and i and turn towards me. it works if you consider wind directions and you have the deers' patterns down. and as mentioned. hair is a big odor absorbant. old hair from a barber shop will run deer off quick.

13. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    (barf)ahhh(barf again)