Sure fire way to get a bite

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BIG GEORGE, Jul 2, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And they are called the stupid fish. Yea rite! We've all been there. Settin on the boat just waitin for the take down or the clicker to start screamin. Ya know its gonna happen. The anticipation is drivein ya nuts. Ya gotta pee so bad that your back teeth are floatin. You are so hungry ya could eat the butt off a dead rhino. Should ya get the sandwich and the beverage? Should ya take little willy to the edge of the boat and get rid of that pain? You best believe ya should. Cause as soon as ya do "BAM" its gonna happen. LOL! Provein method no muss no fuss. I know ya got stories so lets hear em.:cool2:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    A phone call from my mother has landed me two citation blues last Spring. Both occasions sitting for nearly two hours without a fish, and as soon as the phone conversation was over, fish on!

3. Marshall

Marshall New Member

State:
    Junction City,
    I am glad, Im not the only one this seems to happen too. When it happens to me Ive usualy been hung up on another pole and had the line break. There I set re-riggin' my pole, and naturally as soon as I look to check my other poles one of ems screamin down the bank or out to deeper water. Sometimes Im lucky enough to get em, sometimes Im not. But it always seems to happen. Crazy. Sometimes I think about hangin up and breakin off just to test them. lol. Wonder why it happens like that?

4. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    A cup of coffee seems to work 50% of the time.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    For me its either being on the phone or taking a leak.:crazy:

6. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    It is almost a gaurantee for me to catch a fish in a dry lake to just take a leak also.

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    mine is when my phone rings and you are deep in conversation with your wife bam drop the phone and get the fish then i have explain once more to the wife i dint have a accident while on the phon with her

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It does seem that the best way to get a bite is to get in that "good" bathroom position where you are delicately off balance trying not to go on yourself.............................Yes this is the best way to get that first bite!!!

9. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    George you know you are right on the money. Every single time I stand up to take ol willy out it damn sure happens. I never thought about that but this is true. I guess I should start drinking more cold Mt. Dews on the lake while fishing!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    The test of a true cat-man. :eek:oooh:Finish what your doing or grab the screaming rod. The key here is not to do both.:smile2::crazy:

Someone on the boat starting to snore usually does it on my boat. I seem to only fish with guys with sleep apnea.:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:

11. secondchance

secondchance New Member

State:
    Topeka
    A near by bush to go #1 will produce a stong hit on your line with all your bait stripped. A near by bush to go #2 will produce an strong hit with the fish hooking up and an intense battle with your drag zinging out, the bell on your rod jiggling at a rate that would impress Santa, eventually flying off the rod into the water concluded by your pole breaking and line snapping just before your last bunny hop gets you there.

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    A good pray and a good spot works all the time. :smile2:

13. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    We all know about the pee bite.
    Others that we get are:
    The poo bite, that is always a tough decision; do I finish up or grab the rod?
    The the hot beverage bite that results in tea, coffee or soup down your front.
    For those who believe, there is the barge bite although this generally doesn't work if there is a non-believer in the boat.
    For those of us who like to camp out and fish there is the hot grease bite. That one generally results in getting seriously splashed with scalding lard or oil while making that fried egg sandwich or, if you are very unlucky, setting fire to the tent and surrounding vegetation when you kick the camping stove over as you dash to the rods. Your breakfast usually ends up on the floor too which adds insult to injury.
    There are the technical ones too.
    The bird's nest bite for instance is a sure thing when you are trying to clear one after casting the bait out. If you happen to be using 100lb Power Pro and the fish is a big one, it is possible to lose the end of a finger with this one.
    The head-in-a-locker bite is also a sure thing if you are using the clicker and are trying to find something in the boat. These are usually really fast hits that set the clicker to screaming when you have got your head completely inside the locker. You are guaranteed to react with such force that you will crack your head open on the edge of the locker.

Finally let us not forget the passion bite. These only ever occur when you take the wife or girlfriend along and the fishing is so slow that thoughts turn to other ways to pass the time.
    Even though it may be the only fish of the day on your line these bites are best ignored unless of course you want to be reminded of what a pig you are for the rest of your life.
    Happy Fishing...W

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Now you know why me and Big Sam switched to circle hooks:wink:, gives ya all the time ya need:smile2:.

15. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My wife and I have a little thing that always seems to happen, I mean to trigger a bite. Tricia will call her Mom for a weather update from time to time. When the weather looks a bit bad or even when the bite has been too sl-ooo-w, CALL MOM!!! It is uncanny how many cats we have caught when she is on the phone with Mom...who knows!

16. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Yeah I got one for ya.....

A friend of mine and I were fishing below the lock 8 on the Ouchita river (Thatcher lock and dam ) here in Arkansas. I had to go real bad so I finally put my rod down and turned around and hung it over the side. At least it was a nite no easy view lol . Just about the time I was almost finished my buddy hollers at me Kev your rod!!!! Well needless to say this was before I started using reels with clickers and hadn't at that time been smart enough to leave the reel in free spool. I turned just in time to see it going over the side of the boat. I jumped down and reached my hand down in the water where the rod had entered. I came up with the end of the rod with the fish still on the other end. But to my disappointment when I got the fish in it was just a drum. But I learned a valuable lesson. When ya gotta go put your reel in free spool if ya don't have a clicker.

17. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Get a tug on the line just about the time you start to pack it up. Its like there is a 2-minute warning, a no-huddle play action call by the legends of the deep. What is up with that. hehe:eek:oooh:

18. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

Kevin,
    You must be right popular with the ladies:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:
    ...W

19. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Usually I am on the phone with the wife or RE-RIGGING the kids poles when I just about loose a rod.

20. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I have many strikes when finally giving into the leak urge, almost everytime my phone rings and everytime my kids call down and say they need me to come up to show me something or want something when I am dock fishing. In the boat it is always when I am in mid stream and can't stop it cause I have held it so long that I might explode if I did so I guess pee can be washed out of the boat cause with pee flying everywhere and myself expose to the world I am going after that screaming clicker!!!!!