Sure been quiet!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Oct 1, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sure been quite lately! Everybody getting ready for deer season? LOL

2. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    haha hes right, i been ready since last season ended, gettin the chance to shoot my first deer this season, and what about you cool arrow? any bigguns on the trinity?

3. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Mving rigs??? Where abouts?
    I used to roughneck in summers between high school for $ for the school year....always got stuck in worm corner...then got to throw chain and eventually made it to derrick man after about 2 yrs...
    Was hard dirty work, but something about it I liked, maybe casue that's what my dad and uncle have always done. Uncle is a tool pusher somewhere around here's, not sure. Dad works overseas.
    Hoping to get some time in on the guadalupe river real soon. The rive rhas gone done enough to get on and hoping I get do so shortly.
    Tightlines

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    the dang Bosque and Brazos have been too still for my taste lately. Might as well fish the lake!

5. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's all I really do is river fish. That is where I put this tread at first but it was moved to the local Texas talk tread for some reason.
    The fishing has been super on the Trinity. I've caught more big flatheads on rod and reel this year than ever! Got a 38.5 lb one and a 28.6 lb one in the last month and numbers of fish under 20lbs. I did park the boat for bow season now but if it don't cool off soon the G3 is comming back out and the bow is going back in the case. I hate to hunt in the heat!! I'll be back in full swing fishing come November for sure though! The big Flats come out to play then!!!

6. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Well of course a lot of us are getting ready for deer season. We can only do that for a few months out of the year. But I will sneak away from my hunting buddies as often as possible to wet a line. It's still too dang hot to spend all of my time in the woods.

7. marco88

marco88 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have just recently moved to Sugar Land, TX and have not gotten a chance to establish any regular fishing spots. I would appreciate any tips any members in the area could offer.

8. marco88

marco88 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have done some saltwater fishing at the packery channel while visiting family but want to find some good catfishing spots closer to my new home. I think the Brazos runs by here but don't know any good spots to fish it from the bank.

9. FlashGordon

FlashGordon New Member

State:
    Texas
    There's something about a hard physical day of work leaves one feeling good. You can look back and actually see what you've done. I've spent most of my time in an office. Except for a stack of unfinished papers, it's sometimes hard to see what I've done that day. Enjoy working in the yard and garden more. Get more compliments on those than my paper stacks:roll_eyes:.