SUPRISE!!!

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by rcbbracing, Aug 17, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was fishing the mohican river here in ohio trying to break my new poles in on some cats...had a short spirt from the clicker...picked it up...and surprize when i set the hook and reeled him in it was a 19inch pike on cut perch! has anyone ever heard catchin pike on cutbait like this or was i just the luckiest guy ever? lol i was kinda excited cuz i had never caught one even tho he was just a baby and with my big catfishing setups i didnt hardly tell he was on there....:smile2:

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pike will eat any kind of fish. Whole, live dead cut. We use to use cut minners in the wintertime jigging for them icefishing. good catch and thanks for sharing

3. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    I've never heard of anyone catching pike on cut bait, but it's good to see some pike coming out of ohio. I've been trying to find some spots to go pike fishing that's somewhat close to the tri-state area (Cincinatti).

4. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    caught a largemouth on cut bait and it freaked me out. Got the picture on my picture page. A couple of guys i know were fishing a spot i thought was too shallow for the cats during the day and ended up with a 33 inch pike. I told them to throw it back cause thats a 50 inch fish someday but no they kept it. They were fishing live shiners.