Supposed to warm up

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by Jerry60k, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    So who is going to try to wet a line this during the warmup?

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA

well, I've been fishing all winter long- but nonetheless I'm looking forward to a warmup ALOT and hope that it improves the fishing.

fishing has been really tough recently.

the better question is who's going Catfishing during the warm up?? I still don't know where to catch any locally until the big spring migration up the alleghany.

are you guys catching cats down there? and if so, where? I lived at wheeling for a while 10-15 years ago, but never catfished on local waters...

3. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I'm going to go Friday and Saturday for sure. Hopefully I can sneak out Sunday also. Good luck to everyone who hits the water this weekend. :cool2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have not quit but have been too busy to get out much and not exactly been causing any extinctions when I have been out.

I ran into a WV BOC member the other day, (whose screen name escapes me just now) who said he had been out (off the bank) for Cats a couple times last month without success.

With a bit of luck I may get out Sunday but have not decided what to chase.

5. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    CRAP......I'm still waiting to get the tarp off the boat to get it ready to go. Gotta replace my livewell pump and upgrade my drainplug and move my front depthfinder to the other side of the boat and hook up all my new batteries and then re-stock all my stuff. I'll be lucky if I make it out for another month at the rate things are going around here. I gotta get me a bigger garage. Darn boat won't fit and I gotta work on it outside.

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Managed to get in a couple hours yesterday afternoon.

Tried the walleye/saugeye/sauger in the Guyandotte R. Big skunk-a-roo.
    I reckon I was about a week too early or too far upsteam.

Wind off the water was a bit chilly toward sundown but it was darn nice out.

7. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    I'm heading up to Blustone today and try my. I Don't care what I catch as long as I catch something. I'll post some pics if I catch anything.:smile2:

8. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    Went to Bluestone today and well wound up skunked. Had a couple of nibbles other than that nothing. :sad2: Oh well I guess I'll try again tomorrow if the wife allows.:roll_eyes:

9. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Danzig. Was I the guy you were talking about? I haven't been on here in a while. Well since it got to cold to catfish without a boat. I am going in the morning and I am going to try some of the Team Catfish Secret 7 dipbait for some channels and blues. Can't wait. I was going to go tonight but I would probably just fall asleep.

10. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    Ill be on the Kanawha River this Friday & Saturday looking to caught that big flathead Ive been dreaming about all winter. I hope by then the river has come down a bit and has cleared up some. Its suppose to be really nice this weekend.

11. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    We caught a 15 lber Friday night on the Kanawha.They are starting to hit decent.