Superworms For Bait

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by wolfman, Jul 2, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ive never heard of Superworms for catfish bait until last night while bank fishing on the Ohio river. There was an older gentleman fishing just down the bank from us and looked to be using nightcrawlers from the container he had beside his chair. As darkness approached he gathered up his gear and came over to ask if we wanted the rest of his bait. "Sure" I said "what do you got?" Well he smiled with a big grin and said "I got these Superworms here if you want them". So we gladley accepted and he hurried off and left. I decided what the heck, why not try one and here is what I have learned about Superworms:

1. In the first picture below, they are quite different looking from your ordinary earthworm.
    2. They are very aggressive worms and can do some real physical damage when trying to put one on the hook. (2nd picture below).
    3. They wont stay on the hook very long because they are strong enough to straighten out the hook or even break it to escape.(3rd Pic)
    4. We actually got lucky enough to catch a catfish on one but as you can see the Superworm really wooped up on this catfish with some heavy blows to the head and body during the battle. The catfish later died from internal injuries that were caused by the punching and slugging from the Superworm. (4th Pic) on next post

This is my review on Superworms as bait and suggest strongly to avoid using them.

Attached Files:

2. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    below is the 4th picture from the 1st post

Attached Files:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Let me tell you folks, when that guy gave them to us, I had no idea how much caos and devestation the could cause. I took them home and put them in the fridge last night to use for getting bluegills and this morning the fridge door was open and they had all escaped. I am afraid of what they might do to the house. Can anyone help me find a super bird to get rid of them or even a super fish that can handle them, LOL!!!
    PS. Walt, I told you it wasn't a good idea to keep them, we should have thrown them in the river when we had the chance, LMAO!!!

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks for the tip walter, i'll be sure and avoid them. i heard about a guy using those worms once before. he managed to wrestle it onto the hook, but when he attempted to cast the rod the worm somehow gained control of it and beat him senseless. too bad that rod was an ugly stik...

you're hilarious man!:smile2:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    It must not take much to catch me. Wolfman I was caught hook line and sinker. You guys have got to much time on your hands.:roll_eyes:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  7. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I think you should find a worm whisperer to train them. You could leave all your rods at home and turn them worms loose to kick some catfish butt. It might be cheaper in the long run. I lost a lot of tackle this weekend...got into some logs.

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    There was a problem with them throwing the logs onto the bank and not really caring where they landed!!! Have you ever tried to fish while it is raining 6' logs and 50lb boulders, LOL!!! These worms are some bad__s dudes!!!! Between the straightened hooks, the torn up fingers and, dodging logs and rocks, I think I am gonna have to not use them anymore, LOL!!!

9. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Hey,where do you get these super worms?I would like about 2 dozen to put in my bossmans desk!!!!!:smile2:

10. ilkeeper1965

ilkeeper1965 New Member

State:
    il.
    I've heard some bad stories about them superworms, best everyone stays clear of them.

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That is some sound advice!!!

Hey wait a minute..... BRB.... the dog is yelping again!!!!

Man, that is the third time those superworms have tied that dog in a knott, LOL!!! Only three more to go, LMAO!!!

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do I really need to point out the obvious? You are supposed to use the kryptonite hooks with them. It really tames them down. They loose their super powers, and all they can do then is lay there and wiggle.:wink:

13. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    before i saw the pics i was scared lol

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice catch, I love using those big nightclawers for bait.

15. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Aw man, I knew I was doing something wrong, now where can I get the kryptonite hooks at? lol

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think DH has some Walt!!!

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Wolfman,
    Please don't let JW have anymore!!! Great post also!!! Thanks! :smile2:

JW,
    If I get a package from you anytime soon,i'm gonna put a large amount of LARGE(1/3 stick of TNT) Firecrackers(laced with some Kryptonite I have stashed back)all over it,tie the fuses together and blow the he!! out of it!!! No way do I wanna open that!!! :wink::sad2::confused2::crazy::tounge_out::smile2::smile2:

18. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Give me some I want to give them to my sister :-D

19. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And here I thought that "I" had some good "Drugs"! You guys need to filter that clear stuff through a loaf of bread!! It's doing sTrANgE ThINgs to Y'aLLs BrAInS, ... or WhuTS LeFt oF Em!!!:crazy: ... ... :sad2: ... ...
    :smile2::wink:
    Hey Y'All, don't give up your day jobs! ... that is if you even have one to begin with over there where ya live! :big_smile_2:
    Best Wishes and Prayers To ALL.
    Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

20. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama