Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,591 Posts
Drain plug missing is bad luck......just kidding, well not really...... but when the fish isn't biting I start drinking more of Mt dew and eating snacks or doing things that distract me from the rods, cause then it feels that's when I get my bites. Not really a superstition but when I'm with my kids and they are each saying bait me first and going back and forth I always start with rods that are ready first no matter who's it is.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,420 Posts
The first I heard about the banana thing , I watched one of Dieter Melhorn's videos a couple days ago. He said,"...nothing that pertains to bananas..." I had never heard that one, and don't understand it.

I've heard a superstition about "ya gotta keep the first one of the day."

Lucky rods. Lucky reels. Lucky combos. My "lucky one" seems to be my lightest one, the Lew's Xfinity. Caught more with it than any of the others.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
The first I heard about the banana thing , I watched one of Dieter Melhorn's videos a couple days ago. He said,"...nothing that pertains to bananas..." I had never heard that one, and don't understand it.

I've heard a superstition about "ya gotta keep the first one of the day."

Lucky rods. Lucky reels. Lucky combos. My "lucky one" seems to be my lightest one, the Lew's Xfinity. Caught more with it than any of the others.
back in the day they had to transport bananas fast so they wouldnt spoil, so the people on board had no time to stop and fish, also alotta spiders and snakes lived with the bananas and would come on board.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,420 Posts
back in the day they had to transport bananas fast so they wouldnt spoil, so the people on board had no time to stop and fish, also alotta spiders and snakes lived with the bananas and would come on board.
Now I get it.
Makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nope. Not a single superstition. I’m pretty boring I guess. I have noticed that I sometimes just “feel” like it’s gonna be a good night. Not sure why because I’m not really a feelings kinda guy. But some nights I honestly believe I could tell you it’s gonna be a good night…….
Or I’m old and crazy I don’t know…..

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Somehow when I was small and still susceptible to magical thinking, I got the idea that if I threw one back, even ”trash fish”, it would tell on me to the other fish and shut the bite down. I know it’s ridiculous but it still bugs me to this day to release a fish, although I do and with no I’ll effects. :)

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
"Lucky rods. Lucky reels. Lucky combos. My "lucky one" seems to be my lightest one, the Lew's Xfinity. Caught more with it than any of the others."

I was telling an 'old salt" about my lucky rod or rod location, and he said.. Ain't no such thing. Secret is it has the freshest bait on it. Don't tell nobody, you hear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts