Super bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by coltsfan, Aug 8, 2006.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    just wondering what everyones preseason super bowl picks are. i'll go with indy and carolina with indy winning.

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i like denver they were good last year

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    I have to agree with you on that one - sounds good to me!
    (and I'm a Raiders fan :roll_eyes: )

But I know where to put my money. :wink:

Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phillip

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here's my very very rough guestimate

AFC seeds -
    Broncos 13-3
    Colts 12-4
    Patriots 11-5
    Steelers 11-5

Wildcard

Chiefs 10-6
    Bengals 10-6

Bracket - AFC

Broncos v

Patriots v Bengals

Colts v

Steelers v Chiefs

---

Broncos v Patriots

Colts V Steelers

---

Broncos v Colts

--

Broncos

NFC seeds -
    Panthers 14-2
    Giants - 12-4
    Seahawks - 12-4
    Bears - 11-5

Wildcard -
    Redskins 12-4
    Eagles 8-8

Panthers v

Seahawks v Eagles

Giants v

Bears v Redskins

---

Panthers v Seahawks

Giants v Redskins

---

Panthers v Redskins

--

Panthers

----

Broncos v Panthers

----

Broncos

5. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    brother fell bad even saying that i'm a cleveland browns man for life. but i pick Denver

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went through and did a rough estimate on how I thought each team would do based on their schedules and offseason moves, etc. The AFC went by easily enough, but the NFC was a doozey. I had both the skins and giants at 12-4, but I had the giants sweeping them in regular season play so they got the divisional nod. Of course the Skins got a wildcard and when they came together again in the playoffs I felt as if they had a much better chance when more was on the line...not to mention how the Mannings choke in the playoffs. It seemed the NFC had a handful of really strong teams, then it dropped off whereas the AFC had a few powerhouses but more "decent" teams. But I looked at my other rankings and I had no other teams that had 12, 11, 10, or even 9 wins in the NFC, but I had 4 teams that were 8-8. Those were the Falcons, Packers, Eagles, and Cowboys. Wow, no wonder everyone says the NFC East is the toughest division, the skins and giants had to break a tie in order to get the divisional spot, then the cowboys and eagles were both in it for the other NFC wildcard spot. I looked at a few scenarios and back into their schedules then at the tiebreaker rules and figured that the Eagles would take it, but the tiebreak rules for a larger number of wildcard teams can get confusing. After that I went ahead and did the rest of the brackets and came up with the Broncos and the Panthers.

7. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    all I can say is go cowboys!!!!!

8. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
  9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Denver and Seattle with Denver winning it all.BTW,Denver is my team.

10. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Kansas City baby!!!

11. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tampa may make it in as a wildcard team, but Minnesota most likely won't, and Chicago will win their Division. The jags won't make it in. Indy will win the division and be the only rep from there. I don't know if you are saying that SD or KC will win the division, but with the talent the Chiefs and Broncos have, there is no way the Chargers will be able to snag even a wildcard unless Rivers becomes the next tom brady, but even then, I don't trust their WRs and parts of the defense. Last thing, I believe if Washington wins the division, the giants will make it in as a wildcard team.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I don't know who Dallas will beat this year but Indy might be the victim:big_smile:

13. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No way Dallas will take the Colts.

14. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The steelers willl repeat. NOOOOOO Doubt about it

15. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
  16. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
  17. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I do appreciate their talent, but they won't be able to pull it together like that again. I think they will fair better in the regular season but won't be able to compete with the elite playoff teams as the superbowl nears...

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=687927

Man I love that website...haha. I do think they steelers will win the division, edging out the bengals.

18. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Im going with Redskins (just a hunch) and Denver.With Denver winning. I think Indy will take a step back without Edge. I think Plummer will have his best season and their running game will lead them all the way. Redskins have the best coaching staff and some good players and if Brunell stays healthy, he can take em to the big game.

19. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    When going through my predictions, I figured it would be either the Panthers or the Redskins against Denver in the superbowl, but when the two met I gave the nod to the Panthers, because after all, they already won the superbowl on paper.

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Well Josh and Mark, looks its time for our Steeler Nation to ramp it up for another Super Bowl run. I love how we are being written off already! :roll_eyes: I look down from the top of the mountain and see many contenders and many pretenders but none that will topple the Black & Gold!!!:cool2:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!