"Super Bowl Time" - "What do you think"?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by shania, Jan 27, 2008.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Ok Brothers & Sisters,

The time is almost here (& I can't wait ether :wink:),

It's "Super Bowl Time". :big_smile:

So I'm making one last "Smack Talk Thread" for the Big Game, so I want you to put in your "Final Thoughts" on the games out-come. Give me your pick on the game with the "point spead". I want to see how many of you could get it right.
    :wink:

The Patriots -12 over The Giants :confused2:
    or
    The Giants +12 over The Patriots :confused2:

Good Luck,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Blasphemy Bert: Can you believe this. I read yesterday that 1/2 of the folks that tune into the SB do it for just the ads. Now I admit, I haven't paid any attention to football for awhile. I am a red blooded 'Merican. I have been there done that with sports. But Bert, when 1/2 of 4 billion people tune in for just the ads, the world is going to He$$.

Phil and all you sports minded guys are lying down on the job. I think you guys should start promoting soccer. Now there is a sport that will attract true connoisseurs of sweat.

I will watch the SB. No favorites, no bets, no emotion. Kinda like watching "Gone with the Wind:. Something to do.

John.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Bert - I'm taking the Giants and the points only because I hate New England! I'm no fan of New York either but they are the lesser of the two evils! :wink:

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I hope to see a competitive game for entretainment value, I don't like a one sided Super Bowl, (exept if the Bears are playing I want them to score lots of points). I really don't care who wins, it would be cool to see the underdog win but it would also be cool to see a perfect season.:wink:

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think the Patriots are gonna run away with it by more than 12 points over the Giants.:wink:

6. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am definetly picking the GIANTS!!!!!

As long as they win by 1 pt. That's good enuff for me:smile2:

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You know who I'm taking Bert,,,

The Patriots -12 over The Giants :confused2:
    My prediction is Eli will choke. He's too inmature to win it...Yet. Give him a few years and he'll be ready. I may be wrong on this but I'm sticking with what I believe!:wink::smile2:
    Brady and the Pats want 19-0 really bad and I don't see anything stopping them but themselves. As long as they play smart and like they can they'll easily take it.
    Wes Welker will get SuperBowl MVP...:confused2::wink::big_smile:

8. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    I believe you will see the giants take it by 13.

If they can get pressure to brady, and their secondary plays the way they have for the past 3 games, New york will prevail.

I predict welker not being a factor in this game. New York knows how to protect over the top.

GO G-MEN

18 & 1 sounds real good right about now

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

The Giants Secondary aren't gonna be able to keep Moss and Welker down. If they concentrate on Moss then Welker will have a great game. Same goes if they concentrate on Welker then Moss will have a big game. If they cover them both good, then Gaffney will have a big game. Also don't forget about the Pats running game.....:crazy:
    Too many weapons on the Pats team for them to lose. IMHO...:big_smile:

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Like I have stated before everyone has been looking at the picture all wrong everyone keeps talking about destiny and all this bull the Giants destiny is to embarrass the Patriots on the biggest stage in football I think the fat lady sings in Arizona for the patriots and their perfect record Giants beat them 35 to 17

11. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I suppose a sane person will pick New England. Their very very good and have a very good coach. However, I'm an underdog type of guy and I'm pulling for the Giants.

12. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Im looking for it to be a close game the Giants match up great against the Pats. But in the end i think the Pats are to much for them and it will be like watching the week 17 matchup all over again.

Pats-31
    Giants-27 :angry::sad2:

13. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Well if anyone misses the game, and wants to know the outcome..... Just look here sunday night for my reaction...... i have The giants and the over..... 500 bucks about...... So Go Giants........:boss:

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The Giants will hang around and might even lead in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half the pats will come roaring back and Eli in typical Manning style will fold under all the pressure!

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I've said it once,twice now 3 times.Ican't stand Belachek or Brady.Therefore Gaints win in my book.GO GIANTS!!No point spread givin on this one and no bets either.
    Pats shouldn't of had an 18 and 0 season in my book. JMHO!!

16. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Giants over the Pats.. Dont care about the Points Just as long as another Manning gets to hoist that trophy up...

GO GIANTS !!!!!!!

17. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i hope the giants whoop the patriots....

GO GIANTS!!!

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brady , 18-0 till Sunday and then 19-0, 4 SB appearances in 7 years so far 3 W's. Kind of like second nature to him:big_smile:
    E. Manning, first show. I hope he dont puke on the field.:smile2:

I'm thinking a 2 TD lead maybe 3.
    If Brady's leg gives out, ( not ) then maybe a 4 point lead.
    But who knows . The clock is still running and anything can happen in the NFL.:eek:oooh:

Just so it will be a good game. giants take the lead first half, Brady
    does surgery second half , wins the Game 31 -17. Doesn't matter the score, its the w that counts.

Pats all the way. :cool2:

19. captain kirko

captain kirko New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lets remember who the teams are which the NFL are allowing to be playing in this years Super Bowl.

New York Giants: Manning at the controls = ok, but kind of a cry baby @ many times when he does not get his way, which is most of the time.

New Cheating Patriots:angry:: The perfect 17 & 0 Patriots which were caught cheating , Opps!, did I say cheating:embarassed:?

If you did not know by now, this team was caught cheating during the first game of the regular season against the New York Jets and slapped on the wrist with a small fine without a forfeit of the game:eek:oooh:.

Personally, I say bring back the Colts & Chargers for the re-match:wink:.

20. GoCatGo

GoCatGo New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    After watching as many N.E. games as I could, I believe there is no way the Giants will win that game. On a fast track like they will have in Arizona, the Giants will keep it close the first half but get "smoked" in the second half. I will take New England and give the 12. I think that # could be 14 1/2 and I'd still take them(as long as none of my money is involved!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:)