Sunrise Coffee

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Itch2Scratch, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I had my usual bad night of sleep and was still tossing and turning just before daylight so I got up and made coffee. As soon as it was ready I fixed myself a cup, went out on the wooden walk way and sat down facing the cove behind the cabin. I thought I would share my morning with those of you who might be interested in such things.

Before it was even light you could hear the birds welcoming a new morning and that was a beautiful sound. As it began to get a bit lighter you could barely see the wake of two ducks cutting across the cove even though you couldn't see them yet. Then comes the dark shadow of something flying into one of the docks there.

As the sun continued to rise the colors of golds, pinks and lavenders show on the water and in the sky...and the birds continue to sing welcoming the morning sun once more.

It's almost dawn and now you can make out what the dark shadow was earlier, it was a Blue Heron flying in. It stands very still or moves very slowly around keeping its eye on shad breaking the surface of the water in the cove.

Finally the sun begins to barely rise above the tree covered hills that surround the lake and a new day begins.

Time for another cup of coffee at the lake...thanks for sharing the first one with me....have a great day!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother, that is something great to wake up and watch. I hear birds every morning, they definatly help you open your eyes a little. Have a great morning, talk to ya later.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ken, that's just the way I like to start the day... except nowadays instead of looking out over the water, there's a lot of sand and mud peeking thru, the water is so low...:sad2:

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks Ken I'm Jealous Cause I'v got to go to work. Oh well In about two years I plan on retireing and I have a place up on the Missouri river and hope to wake up mornings like that. Im happy for you sir. J.D.Straka:big_smile:

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I know what you mean Itch, I wake up get my coffee go out and watch the sun come up over the trees and pastures and listen to the sounds of a new day. I wonder what they hear in the city? :lol:

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey John, don't they have a dental plan where you work...:lol:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Tires squalling , cars running into each other,GUN SHOTS,police sirens but they sure don't have the peace and quite we have out in the country or on the river. Enjoy it and say a quick prayer for all those poor souls stuck in the big cities or small towns for that matter. GOD BLESS

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ken,thanks for sharing,it sounds great.I know that is one of the things I enjoy most about deer hunting,is watching the woods come to life...

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    REP Points to you for sharing such a BEATAUFULmorning with us.THANK YOU! Enjoy the rest of this great day.

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Okay, that didn't help my homesickness at all :lol:
    Just kidding. Thanks for a great post.

SudDawg

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Ken, it is the simple things in life that make one feel complete in the world. I love that time of the day watching the things that many just take for granit, nature is a beautiful wonder.

12. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ken thanks for sharing made me feel like I was right there with ya drinking coffee and watching the birds.

13. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    I'M WITH SUDDAWG ON THIS ONE. YOUR ROUGH ON A MAN THAT IS HOMESICK!!!:big_smile: ALL I'VE HEARD FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS WAS THE DRONE OF THIS DRILLING RIG I'M ON!!!:crazy: CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME AND GET A LITTLE PIECE AND QUITE! THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR MORNING WITH US!! THE WAY YOU WAS DESCRIBING IT, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS CLOSE MY EYES AND I COULD ACTUALLY SEE IT ALL!! THANKS AGAIN!!

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    There's nothing better than sitting on my deck with a good cup of coffee watching the sun rise and watching the Smallmouth jumping on the river. At first light the Cormerants come out of the trees where they roost on the island 200 yards upstream and start fishing.

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Doesn't get no better than that.

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ken, I felt like I was sitting there having a cup of coffee with you while reading your post. Thanks for the beautiful description of the dawn. Rep points coming your way, brother. :smile2:

17. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    ok...now you got to make me a room at your place

18. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Great post Sergeant! I was raised in the Ozarks so I know what yer talkin' about.I wanna get out of the city so bad, it's not funny.My dream/goal/vision is to be down there in a year.With the help from the Lord above,I'm praying that He will give me the desire of my heart,just like His word says.When it happens,I guarentee you I'll make the coffee fer both of us.

19. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for the post Ken. You painted the morning picture quite well. It's the simple things in life that are often the best - if you take the time to appreciate them.

20. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I certainly never expected this kind of response to such simple observations while having coffee. I thank all of you for the kind words and the rep given over this.

What I didn't tell you were my thoughts during those observations. Even before it got light and all those birds were singing so enthusiatically about the coming of a new day...I was thinking to myself, sure your getting old with all the aches and pains, but why shouldn't I be just as enthusiastic as these birds are each morning.

I am here to enjoy it and just look at all the beauty put here for me to see each and every day. If a higher power can do that for me then I can certainly open my eyes and see it.

Like many of you said, its the simplest things that can mean the most. Opening your eyes to them doesn't cost a dime. :wink: