Sunken barges?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishhead, Jul 5, 2006.

1. fishhead

fishhead New Member

State:
    KC Missouri
    Does anyone fish around sunken barges?There is one by labenite park,but i have never seen anyone fishing it.It looks like it would be good cover.I got some gills and going tonight.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That barge is sitting in very shallow water and is all silted in. I have sat there a couple of times, but not had any luck. Probably would be better during periods of higher water.

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Fished at the sunken barge at La Benite Sunday morning for about an hour. Fished the front, sides and behind it with no bites at all. Channel side was in about 10ft. of water and about 2-3ft. on bank side. Looks like a good spot, but I've never had any luck there. But then again, thats about the same luck I've had everywhere else in the river. The only place I've been marking any fish and getting any bites are the channel swing banks, which is where I've been catching my baby Flatheads and a couple of Channel Cats.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I havent fished around it but at the lake I fish they sunk one at the marina and its a good place to catch shad I have caught them there several times. And usually if theres bait then the fish will be there pretty close.