Sunday was a good day fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by diver268, Nov 27, 2006.

1. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sunday started off deer hunting in the morning. But just couldnt see hunting in the afternoon and evening with temperatures in the 60's. So I did the next best thing and went fishing in a farm pond. I could not believe it when I saw a lot of "NEW" moss coming up. I was at the same pond last week where I hunt and there was bare mud along the shore line. Now its full of that new slimy moss. I caught about a dozen nice crappies around 10-12" in 18' of water. Then my ultra light with a minnow went nuts. I ended up with about a 14lb channel cat. I might not have shot a deer this weekend but I sure had fun with a pole.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    good to hear! it's nice when something works out like that!

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, sounds like a good day! I was going to go fishing last night but the rain was horrible. I looks like I'm going to miss the boat too, it's supposed to get down in the teens and twenties over the weekend.:sad2: I might have to wait till Spring now.

4. arja4444

arja4444 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Way to go Bruce. Good weather day, good catchin day...it don't get much better. Specially at the end of November.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sounds like a good day to me, I made the best of the nice weather and went out and stocked my freezer with chubs for future catfishing ventures.