Sunday report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Jul 29, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Went Sun. out of Dutch Gap....used some eels, fresh perch and some frozen favorites and fished 6 holes caught 3 fish and one crab.:smile2:
    We got very few bites and the biggest was 4lbs. not 40 like you guys 4 (four)...... IIII, quatro........ I have got to spend more time on the river this fall. Been doing a lot of bass fishing, maybe try again this weekend.

PS... getting bait with my cast net is very hard.....caught 1 fish in it Sunday up in a cove where I had seen an Osprey bombing repeatedly.

The more I catfish the more you veterans impress me.:cool2:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Don't get down....I fished from May '07 to Jan '08 without a citation caught on my boat. In fact, the biggest fish was 15lbs for the longest time. Just keep your eyes and ears open and soak up as much as you can, and trust me it will all begin to come together.

Bait has been really tough lately. I hope that turns around soon.

3. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks for the advice,,,,hope your boat (motor) problems are all fixed.

4. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You two are my heros heck Im happy with a 5 to 10 pound fish.
    I would probably pee myself if I were to catch a 40 lb cat :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Smitty that looks like a good size fish. I think the bite is slow because it's sooooo hot. The water is really warm. They are all hanging out in the cool pockets if there are any. I have to put alot of time in to have what I call a good trip. I'd say 1 out of 5 trips is good. Good meaning I catch a fish.
    I know I put the time in, maybe not the right place, time of day, bait ect...
    I know I enjoy it and this message board help keep me going when I feel like throwing in the towel....
    good luck
    david