Sunday on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by hawgmaster, Oct 18, 2009.

1. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    went out this morning to the ohio with colsrob. pulled out round 730 and went in search for some shad. on the first spot we tried i hit ONE shad and a flat about a pound n a half....maybe he was chasing it:eek:oooh:....then after several more cast nothing else. went to a few more spots and again empty handed....decided to go back to the fist spot and try our luck again. couple of thrown with the net and then nothing...gave another throw and yanked....now this one had some weight to it!!! but low and behold all i had was 2 drums that weight 7 pounds:confused2:!!threw them back in and gave a last throw and netted a 6 pound carp:crazy:! well bout this time we got wind that matt was out and had some shad for us. yes time to fish now!!! went on the kentucky side drifting had the first run....7 pound flat!!:big_smile:then nothing for a while...decided to try our luck with the anchors down and do some bottom fishing. not long after being there i had a run and missed it. then came robs turn as he hooked into a 11 pound blue:cool2:. as we was trying to get our cameras to work right i had another run and missed it. decided to go back up river and try elsewhere with no luck. decided to leave round 530. sorry no pics as the cameras were not working:angry:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like the kind of days i been having for 6 months.

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the fishing report.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the report Chris.

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    The main idea behind our get together was to find some bait to freeze. Any catch beyond that was a bonus. Originally we had planned to go to Dillon, but I thought a trip to the Ohio would be better for bait, and we could drift and try for some Blues. It wasn't the greatest outcome, but we didn't get skunked either.:big_smile:

Chris was a pleasure to meet and fish with. So far I am 2 for 2 in getting together with BOC members. I don't see any reason why it won't stay at 1000%. Everyone on here seems like really decent people, and so far that has proved true.

Have to give a big thanks to Matt(fishmonster13), for saving us more time by sharing his catch of shad. Not only that, but he also told us other areas to try and we were able to catch some for the freezer before we left.

A bit windy most of the day for drifting, considering that my boat is not properly set-up for it. But all in all, it was a great trip. My boat was being a jerk at times, but it shouldn't be a difficult cure. Next time I go I will most likely have some Monster Rod holders on board. We didn't need them, but they would have made things nicer. I tried to find some holders at the last second, but couldn't find anything worthy.

6. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Oh, I almost forgot. The cameras worked fine...it was Chris that didn't know what he was doing.:smile2::crazy:

I am digital camera illiterate!:tounge_out:

7. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: ya i didnt know what i was doing!!!! lmao ya it was fine after we switched the cards just a shame nothing was caught after we did that. hahahaha. dont know why yours kept saying card was protected when it wasnt locked or anything. and well mine wasnt formated:crazy::sad2::angry:. oh well we will be prepared for next time!!!

8. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    yeah but you netted or boated some meat targeted species that is what is important