Sunday on the Mississippi Pool 14

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by FishinginDavenport, May 27, 2007.

1. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went out from 9am till 5pm. Fishing up near Cordova and back into Steamboat Slough. My partner caught one small one. Me....I got skunked. The new boat now has been officially slimed and sprinked with shad guts. Some folks up near the daymarker on the west bank near Cordova and gotten some small cats and that was it. I did realize that the area to fish (Pool14) is huge and I sure need someone to show me what I am doing wrong and where I should be going..

2. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    save the gas money. no need to drive all the way up there unless you like going for a ride. i do know that the fishing is slow though now (any day it will just be nutty though)....

i fished friday for about 2-3 hours and only got 2. i fished fresh cut shad ... shallow, deep, i trolled, floated bobbers.. just not happenin. was a great day to be out though. got the first sunburn.

3. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The 4 stroke did ok on gas. Went up there at about 28 mph on GPS and up to 30 on the way back. Did some moving around and exploring in Steamboat Slough. Gas for the 8 hrs of fishing/travelling was 26.00. You are right, I dont care to travel that far all the time.