Sunday morning

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Oct 30, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    whats going on gang, I been away for a couple of days. hope the fish are still biting. I went out sunday morning with my brother. it was about 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning. we went downtown. where we all met up. well you guys know i just got my boat out of the shop. heck this time i almost lost it and everything in it.............LMAO
    i back the boat down, hop in cranked it up to make sure it started. no prob. 1st crank she was ready to go. then i pulled the truck up. it was four boats in already so i had to park a nice ways down the road. so by the time i get back to the boat the whole back end was full of water. this was worst then being stranded. i forgot the dang plugs. I froze up for a min. thinking how in the heck am im gonna get this water out. I ran and got the truck but the water was still coming in. i back down and tried to pull the boat back on the trailer, but it was to heavy do to the water. I got the hook on the trailer to the boat, and started cranking it up. got it far as it will go. Got in the truck and tried to pull it out (slam) the rope on the trailer broke and the boat slam down on the boat ramp. good thing i had the motor up. I thought then my boating days or over. to my surprise after we got the water out. again 1st crank it started right out. we went out found bait pretty easy, got alot of strong hit but no fish. i did get a 9lb perch but that didnt count. thinking of going out at the end of the week. is anyone else is going out let me know.
    yeah its funny now but man my heart dang nor jump out of my chest.

2. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Damn willie that is one hell of a start to the day. Glad everything is ok and ready to head out again. Bet ya don't forget the plug again for awhile. Good luck this weekend.:big_smile:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Willie, it worked out ok this time and you still got a boat and you and your brother are ok. All in All I would say it aint so bad. Things will get better and better from now on. Good l;uck to you man.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    i think everyone has done it once before maybe twice:eek:oooh:.....................lol
    im glad i got it out of my system

at lease the boat was acting right............LMAO

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Don't feel bad Willie the first time we took our boat out I didn't have the trailer hitched up right and it came loose on the river. Should of known then to turn around and go back home. Got to the river and backed the boat in, Debbie took the truck and trailer up and parked it and I ran up to the bank to wait for her. When she came down she handed me a soda and when I put it in the drink holder I felt something in there. Looked in and seen the boat plug, turned around and seen the back end of the boat filled with water. Almost freaked out for a minute, but quickly gained my wits reached back there and put the plug in, flipped on the bilge pump and off we went.

So, don't feel bad I think it happens to everyone at least once.