Sunday morn white out

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Welder, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well went out this morn. Got settled in 30 min before daylight. The wind kicked up hard 15 to 20 mph gusts with snow blowen hard. I was sittin out on a edge in a lawn chair in a old blowdown tree watchen 3 trail intersections commen out of a bottom. I gave up @ 8 am coverd head to toe with ice and snow. muzzleloader scope kept frosting up and snow getting in the breech. All I seen was a yote 200 yards out. Took a pop at him in the snow and crosswind with a blurry view, looks like it went over him. Busted a bunch of snow off a small cedar tree 20 or so yards behind him. I checked the tree a 5 inch thick trunk was cut good on the side 12 inches up. I dident get the hold over right lol. I still got 2 days left I ant given up.

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a great day outside. Sorry you didn't crack that Yote. I have yet to kill a Virginia Yote and we are getting covered up with them.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I thought I saw a set of yote tracks yesterday but it's hard to tell since people have been running bear dogs. This set was pretty small and no other tracks were in the area. The land owner has been seeing one on the farm but I haven't seen it yet.

4. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    good luck !:wink: