Sunday Hunting??

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by DCcatfisher, Feb 12, 2009.

1. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Here in North Carolina they have been tossing around the idea of Sunday hunting for a few years. How many of you live in states that allow Sunday hunting and what do you think about it, and what do you think some of the pro's and con's are. I came across this, http://www.northcarolinasportsman.c...1&act=article&fmt=single&artID=4991&view=Full ,on another website and it got me thinking about it. Me personally I see nothing wrong with it and think it would be a good idea.

2. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think you should be able to hunt any day of the week during open seasons. Most people are only off on weekends. This would leave most people only Saturday to hunt. You throw bad weather, kids school activities, honey do's etc. etc in and now you can't hunt at all. I'm glad Missouri allows it. I don't really see anything bad about it....only good.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i am totally against sunday hunting

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Fortunately,I live in New Mexico,Hunting is allowed 7 days a week,during season. I think the banning of hunting on sunday is ridiculous.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Maybe we should ban church on Wednesdays.:tounge_out:

6. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Not to allow hunting on a Sunday makes no sense to me. If for any reason someone dosent want to hunt on Sunday, thats fine too. Why the need to regulate it? I guess we overlooked this one when they banned burning wiches.......

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Never heard of that,, Not hunting on a Sunday...If someone doesn't want to, seems like it ought to be their personal choice...
    Absolutely ridiculous....almost as bad as dry counties...:crazy:
    However, we all are subject to many rules, laws, and regulations that we comply with, that may not make a lot of sense...

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    David said exactly what i think

9. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    I think if there is a higher divorce rate in states with no hunting on sunday:smile2:.

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    That law must be for a small area.. Some of my hunts require up to a 12 hour drive,,,
    Out of state,,etc. But, most around 2-3 hours, but, that's a lot of time and gas these days..
    Our seasons are short, and only one animal may be taken per year, no matter the species (Big Game)..
    It would be tough to not be able to hunt everyday of a season if necessary..

11. brddgg21

brddgg21 New Member

State:
    scottsville,virginia
    i see both sides...if you go to church you dont want to hear shots going off all around you but at the same time if you only have the weekends off you should be able to use both of them. i personally would like to see sundays legal. i dont hunt for big bucks only i hunt for food and every chance i get to kill more deer would be nice. but in the interest of fairness i say start hunting after noon.

12. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Its always funny when somebody brings up a topic like this. The guys in the east know all about not being able to hunt sundays, and the guys out west have never heard of such nonsense. If i remember right, this law is mainly prevelant in the first 13 colonies. Maryland has had sunday deer hunting for a while now.....but its only like 1 to 2 sundays per each season (bow, muzzleloader, shotgun/rifle). It really helps kill the deer. I dont see any reason to ban it....but its wanna them old time laws that just wont die. If you dont wanna hunt sundays, dont......if you do, do. If you were gonna go to church anyway, hunting most likely isn't going to keep you away. I go to church regularly, but i feel closest to God in nature, so i dont mind missing a few sundays to hunt or fish. Not everyone can take off during the week to go hunting, and if you have kids, or a wife, or family, you most likely wont be able to hunt at least a few saturdays during hunting season.

13. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Guess the animals need a day of rest too!:wink: There is not any sunday hunting here in Berkeley County WV. The state allows it but they leave it up to each county to decide. So the counties put it to a vote and I think only 1 or 2 counties still allow it here. I would like to be able to hunt on sundays but I cant so I'll keep hunting Mon thru Sat.

14. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I love the fact that Missouri lets hunting on Sunday. I dont get to hunt much during the week, and I dont see anything wrong with hunting on Sundays, to me it seems kinda ridiculus that some states wont allow it. :confused2:

15. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I agree with you on it being ridiculus, but you also have to remember, and I am not trying to step on toes, but we are in what is commonly refered to as "The Bible Belt" here in the east and particulary in the south. Maybe one of these days we will get the privilege to hunt on Sundays. It seems the goverment has no problem with us working on Sundays because I did it for several years until the economy started falling off, but then again that is putting money in their pocket also.

16. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I know what you are saying about the Bible belt. Missouri is most definately in the bible belt, but we just never had a law made against hunting on sunday.

17. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I thought Kansas was out of touch on some laws, but even THEY allow us to hunt any day of the week. We are supposed to have a freedom "of" religion. I guess some states still don't have a freedom "from" religion.